Thread: New Bass

Thanks

Thumbs up

Sign in to disable this ad
    As a guitar player who plays his own bass tracks, I must say that I have not found a bass that can beat the Rickenbacher 4001 or 4003 bass. I think it is great for guitarists who switch and/or record bass also. The action can be so sweet on those babies! And with Roto strings, man, I just love those basses! Unfortunately, they have gone way up in price...Can't find a used one for under a grand. My old bass player sold his in the late 80's for $350. Damn! He kicks himself now for that one. Anyway, that is just my opinion, it's funny, I hate Ricky guitars, but I love the basses.

Thanks

Wink

Anybody got any reccommendations for a good bass guitar? I have an Ibanez SR series which will be my backup, but I want to find a bass and really fall in love with it like I did with my guitars (SG, Ovation A/E). No Fenders or anything, more into the heavier stuff. No set budget either.

Thanks

Thumbs up

First off, you CAN get some pretty heavy sounds out of a Fender bass. But if you really want to get heavy, then you're probably going to want at least a 5 string, the 6 string necks start getting a little too wide in my opinion.
    Since money isn't a factor, I'll tell you about a bass I tried out a few weeks ago that I absolutely fell in love with. It was a Modulus Quantum with 5 strings. Price tag said $2450, OUCH, but if I'd had the money.....

Thanks

Cool

Price definatily is a factor, but I'm not gonna just pass up a good bass if its too expnsive or too cheep. I'd rater spend $$ and get something I won't want to replace. I'm probably gonna get a 4 srting and just tune them all down a 5th, but a five srting is possible. I'm looking at Almeric and Ibanez EBD series', and maybe Ernie Ball's.

Thanks

Cool

Price definatily is a factor, but I'm not gonna just pass up a good bass if its too expnsive or too cheep. I'd rater spend $$ and get something I won't want to replace. I'm probably gonna get a 4 srting and just tune them all down a 5th, but a five srting is possible. I'm looking at Almeric and Ibanez EBD series', and maybe Ernie Ball's.

Thanks

Thumbs up

My bass is one of the ibanez ergodyne models. Great tone, incredible action, totally badass looking, and a three band eq built right on to the thing. I love the hell out of it.

-Nate K

Thread Information