New Bass

Brad

As a guitar player who plays his own bass tracks, I must say that I have not found a bass that can beat the Rickenbacher 4001 or 4003 bass. I think it is great for guitarists who switch and/or record bass also. The action can be so sweet on those babies! And with Roto strings, man, I just love those basses! Unfortunately, they have gone way up in price...Can't find a used one for under a grand. My old bass player sold his in the late 80's for $350. Damn! He kicks himself now for that one. Anyway, that is just my opinion, it's funny, I hate Ricky guitars, but I love the basses.

Anybody got any reccommendations for a good bass guitar? I have an Ibanez SR series which will be my backup, but I want to find a bass and really fall in love with it like I did with my guitars (SG, Ovation A/E). No Fenders or anything, more into the heavier stuff. No set budget either.

First off, you CAN get some pretty heavy sounds out of a Fender bass. But if you really want to get heavy, then you're probably going to want at least a 5 string, the 6 string necks start getting a little too wide in my opinion.
Since money isn't a factor, I'll tell you about a bass I tried out a few weeks ago that I absolutely fell in love with. It was a Modulus Quantum with 5 strings. Price tag said $2450, OUCH, but if I'd had the money.....

Price definatily is a factor, but I'm not gonna just pass up a good bass if its too expnsive or too cheep. I'd rater spend $$ and get something I won't want to replace. I'm probably gonna get a 4 srting and just tune them all down a 5th, but a five srting is possible. I'm looking at Almeric and Ibanez EBD series', and maybe Ernie Ball's.

Price definatily is a factor, but I'm not gonna just pass up a good bass if its too expnsive or too cheep. I'd rater spend $$ and get something I won't want to replace. I'm probably gonna get a 4 srting and just tune them all down a 5th, but a five srting is possible. I'm looking at Almeric and Ibanez EBD series', and maybe Ernie Ball's.

Back