New Axe Day!

Congrats, your gonna love the Godin. I have an xtSA in the same finish. I use it through a Roland VG-99 and it is frieakin awesome. It will take me about 5 years to figure out all the possibilities with that thing.

As for the midi stuff, it's surprising how much I use while recording. I can't play keys so I use a lot of soft synths triggered from guitar. I usually have to do some midi editing, but at least I can get something.

Anyway, enjoy the axe!

That's pretty cool. Congrats man. ;)

Looks to me like some day I'm gonna have to figure out what all this "midi" stuff is all about.
:p

Nice score.
:drunk:

This thing is too much fun. The violin and chello sounds are amazing. You really have to adjust your playing style though. You fid out how many bends and slides you really do. I'll have to try recording some MIDI with it and see how that goes.

The acoustic pick up sounds really nice, not exactly like a real acoustic but wayyyyyy better than trying to get an acoustic sound with an FX patch.

The only draw back is that there is a bit of lag when playing the lower notes, it can shift the pitch though so it kind of compensates. I found anything A and below on the 6th string had noticable lag. I was using a bass sound and shifted it down so the C on the 8th fret was like a C on a 5 string bass. It's so strange though, you can shift it way down so playing on the 12th fret on the B string and you get these big boomy bass notes.

Not only that it's a top notch electric guitar. :D

Yeah, midi on guitar works best in the upper registers.

I bought the Sampletank 2.5XT when it was on sale a couple of months ago. Ended up with 8 for 1 sample libraries. Got enough sounds now to never leave the house ever again!

Enjoy

Nice score sir! Lots of tones in that axe, and a Godin neck is a real comfortable (and stable) piece of wood in the hand.

Back