New amp for Greg - Bladow! (lots of pics)

Haha, well done sir.

I'll see your 28 knobs, and raise you 24 more. :D
no fair ..... we're talking about knobs on a single amp ...... but if we're gonna use multiple amps I have, let's see, ..... about another 60!

I WIN AGAIN!!!

:D

of course, greg gets a better tone with a single knob than I do with all my knobs ...... it's like he has ...... dun dun dunnnn the Omega knob.

I'm a mere 22 knobber. Although I do have 7 buttons. I eventually gave in and bought another mic stand for my week-day rental. Was tracking for ages this evening and I think the French guy next door was getting pissed off.
tidy set up.jpg
Annoyingly Reaper has just packed up on me. Won't get past Initializing.

Haha I remember you! The G-String works good. The JVM is noisy if you use dork-metal levels of gain. I know I use don't use enough gain to need a gate. I doubt bubba does either.

Right on Greg L !..Been a while, hope all is well with ya..

Last weekend I was setting up onstage and stepped backwards with the full weight of my heel onto my JVM foot controller. A few songs into the set, two of the buttons stopped working properly - they wouldn't step through the gain modes. I struggled on and managed to finish the gig, but the pedal needed fixing.

Now, the 6-button JVM 410H foot controller is a pain in the arse - it's badly designed, the switching is a bit laggy and glitchy and the worst fault is that the indicator LEDs that tell you what buttons you have pressed are all tiny and crowded into a minuscule panel at the top right-hand corner of the unit. This is utterly useless.

A friend of mine with a JVM 410C modded his pedal so that he had big, bright LEDs over each button. A logical upgrade, so I messaged my usual tech about repairing the switch but modding it at the same time. My usual tech was on holiday, so started googling. It turns out that all modern 4-series JVMs come with a new, redesigned footswitch - the PEDL-91005 - and this one has the LEDs where they should've been put ten years ago.

I ordered one, hardly daring to hope it would be any good, but I'm here to tell you it's every bit as good as I hoped. Not only is the LED situation rectified but the switching is now lag-free and glitchless. I can't remember being so pleased with a new device and I can't wait to use it live. :)

If you have a 4-series JVM with the old footswitch, dump the switch and get one of these - they're that good.

Good to know. I don't ever bother with my footswitch, but I know it is a bit laggy. Mine's the 00044 model.

Back