Need some guitar practice loops

thebigcheese

"Hi, I'm in Delaware."
I found one web site that has a nice little flash player for various loops so that you can just play the backing tracks, but they only have a couple and it's all metal--which is fine, but I'd like some variety. Some rock loops would be nice. Preferably loops that are a full band minus lead guitar and vocals. I'm trying to just practice my lead work in the hopes that it will also help me get a better grasp of where notes are on the fretboard, which will in turn help me with my non-lead work. Even though I know some theory, I still tend to stare kinda blankly at the fretboard, so I'm hoping to correct that with some practice.

Also, preferably free stuff. Google has not been very helpful so far...

I also do some geeky electronica-esq stuff using Fruity Loops. Worth a shot, if you just need some changes to solo over.

Also, can you record your OWN loops? You know, sequence a drum beat, add some bass, if needed ad rhythm, and jam to that? I've done that in the past too... The bonus is it's good recording practice AND it forces you to really scrutinize your rhythm playing, as well. :)

I also do some geeky electronica-esq stuff using Fruity Loops. Worth a shot, if you just need some changes to solo over.

Also, can you record your OWN loops? You know, sequence a drum beat, add some bass, if needed ad rhythm, and jam to that? I've done that in the past too... The bonus is it's good recording practice AND it forces you to really scrutinize your rhythm playing, as well. :)
I cooouuuuuld, but then I'd have to set mics up and stuff. Ugh :p

Back