Native Instruments Guitar Rig??

turnitdown

$10 PayPal=Your Ad Here!!
Here's the link...

Has anyone tried this out yet?? Looks to be THE Amplitube and Guitarport killer.... (THIS IS NOT SPAM, just my opinion based on NI's rep and the ad copy... :confused: )

I'm surprised it hasn't caused more of a buzz around here... Everything else NI has done is first rate, and this might be a nice alternative to live guitar tracks for demoing, writing, playing around....

For recording this looks interesting. For live use, having the requirement for a PC/Laptop would be a problem for most.

Ed

Well, yeah... I think the only people pushing this for live recording is the manufacturer... (Did you see the pedal?)

For recording though, it might be nice. I use a Guitarport and Amplitube sometimes, but if I'm going for "finished product", I still mic up my Mesa Quad rack rig and a 4x12 cabinet.... :D :D

There's definately a use for both!!!

It only has 3 amp models. Now, maybe they're incredible amp models, but I'd still feel limited by that. That's like saying a single Vox, Fender, and Marshall are all the amps you need. I was impressed by the fx on the samples online, they definitely allow you to do a ton of fx... but the base guitar sounds were no better than anything I've heard from any of the current crop of modelers. Better than Amplitube, but that's easy.

i route my guitar signal through my laptop from time to time. asio drivers keep the latency low enough to make the setup useable and i get some pretty cool sounds with it - works live as well. beware of hot damp smokey clubs though - laptops like it cool and dry (unlike me who likes it wet and warm :D )

Back