My baby was stolen. What should I get?

Nutdotnet

My Warwick Corvette Standard that I had for 6 years was stolen last November. I loved the thing. Wenge Fingerboard AND neck, Bubinga body, active EMG pickups. It was beautiful, and I got a great deal on it too since it was used. Paid ~$650 way back when.

Anyway, I swore off playing bass for a while, it was way too dificult to deal with. Now I'm ready to play again. HOWEVER, I don't have much $$$ and I know I won't be able to find another bass like that Warwick.

I'm on a budget of $500, give or take $100. I really like the Warwick line, the Stringray, etc...but can't afford em.

Any suggestions would be great! I will be using it for recording, 90% of the time. And I play acoustic-emo crap so the bass is primarily gonna be there for round out things.

Thanks!

In that case

Nutdotnet said:
I shop in Alaska. :D

I don't know if I can go with a RockBass...it's like going from an Audi to a Volkswagen. Still a good machine but won't leave you satisfied (and I'm a VW owner!)

I think your best bet would be a used bass from EBay.. I would get an American P-Bass and never look back....

G&L Tribute.
L2500_Premiumbig.gif

Esp?

I got a sweet deal on an ESP B-205, five string with active EMG pickups and a two octave neck for under $500. It has amazing tone and a nice neck too. Really growls when I play through my Gallien Krueger....

Nutdotnet said:
I shop in Alaska. :D

I don't know if I can go with a RockBass...it's like going from an Audi to a Volkswagen. Still a good machine but won't leave you satisfied (and I'm a VW owner!)

If you live in Alaska, you should drop into the pawn shops. That is where your guitar will probably show up. Drunken eskimos steal for their booze money.

.....and no, I am not racist........this is a fact.

Try an OPL (MusicMan copy). Awesome sound that comes close to the MusicMan balls for 1/3 of the price or less! That would be my choice if I had the money to spend on a bass at the moment lol. :rolleyes:

"My baby was stolen. What should I get?"

An axe .... a real axe... then go find the SOB that stole it :eek:

-Krag

cellardweller said:
Ohhh great. Now we're hatin' on Eskimos... :D

But seriously, check the pawn shops.

Yeah, I have the police department on the "case"...I've looked and looked and looked...no luck. But I KNOW he had to pawn it off, sell it, or something....I know the guy wasn't a musician.

acorec said:
If you live in Alaska, you should drop into the pawn shops. That is where your guitar will probably show up. Drunken eskimos steal for their booze money.

.....and no, I am not racist........this is a fact.

I have found an endless number of great albums at used record shops here in South Dakota because of this, although the theives around here aren't eskimos.

I'm not sure what the prices are there, but here in Australia, the Music Man Sub range is quite cheap. They're basically a stripped down stingray with satin finishes, they're made in the USA and still sound great. I've seen lots of demo models cheap here so I imagine they'll be even cheaper there.

Back