My '73 Strat

domvac

I Love this guitar. It's a '73 Strat that I refinished myself with Texas Specials and a Floyd Rose whammy and a stained maple pick guard. Truly a fine instrument. The extra toggle switch activates the bridge pickup in any of the 5-way switch positions. Obviously it is redundant in the first three but can be combined with the middle/neck and neck pickup for a unique sound. I have owned this guitar since 1976 and have played many hours and gigs on it. My nephew describes the neck as a "baseball bat" because it is heavy, but the action is incredible and the sound is heavenly.

Attachments

• '73 strat.jpg
    '73 strat.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 50
The strap was given to me in 1975. I had a Hagstrom Swede at the time and it weighed a ton. My shoulder was sore all the time. We had a fan who liked my style of playing and he custom made this strap for me and gave it to me at a gig. It has sheeps wool lining on the underside. It made the Hagstrom a whole lot lighter. I sold that guitar but years later, found a 1982 Swede in a pawn shop for $100.00. That strap still works for that one, too. I wouldn't trade that strap for anything.

Back