Multi effect pedal board for live use, think PODxt Live.

SRR

Is there something like this http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--LINPODXTLIVE that does 3/4 of what it does for half the price? Or half the price but better? :eek: My wife will need one when she begins playing in church. One of the church's guitarists has a Korg 1500 something or another http://cgi.ebay.com/Korg-AX1500G-Gu...8QQihZ013QQcategoryZ41419QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem , and he loves it. Suppose we could get that, does boss or digitech have something that can keep up with that for cheaper? Used is fine. Any ideas for the newbie? I think the less complicated it is the better but she doesn't want something that sounds too terrible either. All the muscians at our church are on in ear monitors, nothing on stage is amplified except the wedges for the vocalists. Thats why she needs something like this. For recording her I have my eye on a vox AD30/AD50. But first she needs something that she will be playing live with and start getting used to it sooner then later. Flame on if this is a dumb post I am just such a guitar newbie.

Why don't you just get the Line 6 Pod xt live. I absolutely love mine. Anything cheaper than $400, is pretty much going to be lame. Maybe a digitech gen x or something. My digitech has a "whammy" , so that's the coolest feature about it. Or the pandora's box from Korg. But yeah, you can't go wrong with the xt live. You can get real good tones for just plugging in to a pa. I think it would be perfect for your situation.

Spending limit is really $200, unless the PODxt Live is 10 times better then anything else, at which point we could get it, just one of those things we would have to wait for.

I wouldn't underestimate the Korg AX1500. It's user interface is excellent, and has perfectly usable sounds when coupled to a good power amp and cabinet. I've used one on several occasions, and heard a guitarist use one in a band situation, and he sounded fine. My only gripw was the screen display being wimpy.

There is an earlier version, the AX1000, which is pretty much the same, except the 1500 offers an A/B option on each preset, which can be put to good use (in my case, the same sound but a little volume boost).

robin watson said:
I wouldn't underestimate the Korg AX1500. It's user interface is excellent, and has perfectly usable sounds when coupled to a good power amp and cabinet. I've used one on several occasions, and heard a guitarist use one in a band situation, and he sounded fine. My only gripw was the screen display being wimpy.

There is an earlier version, the AX1000, which is pretty much the same, except the 1500 offers an A/B option on each preset, which can be put to good use (in my case, the same sound but a little volume boost).

I owned a AX1000 and as far as cheapo multi boards go, it was decent. I'm not gonna brag about it but when I compared it to similar priced gizmo's, from it's time period, it came out ahead. It had a pretty decent noise gate and buzz saw metal distortion. I don't like buzz saw any more so you won't catch me using anything like that these days. If you like buzz saw distortion with scouped mids, a simple layout, and have little money then it might be for you. I remember paying $100 on sale for my toneworks ax1000. It is a cheap piece of gear so don't pay too much.

The XT Live is a modeling device and offers more flexibility than a regular multi board. Either way, I think you will only find a couple of basic sounds in any multi fx board, modeling or not, that will catch your ear and remain in regular use.

Back