miking a classical guitar live

daveblue222

whats best? a condenser or dynamic? i realize that when recording a condenser is cleary the better option (matched) however they seem to be too sensative for live use unless its something very decent. maybe just stick an sm57 near the soundhole?

my price range is a pretty feeble 100 pound (my uk pound key isnt working haha)

i plan to run the mic either into a marshal as50 or roland street cube amp, not sure which to buy yet. anyone had any use of these amps? be good to hear your feedback :)

whats best? a condenser or dynamic? i realize that when recording a condenser is cleary the better option (matched) however they seem to be too sensative for live use unless its something very decent. maybe just stick an sm57 near the soundhole?

my price range is a pretty feeble 100 pound (my uk pound key isnt working haha)

i plan to run the mic either into a marshal as50 or roland street cube amp, not sure which to buy yet. anyone had any use of these amps? be good to hear your feedback :)

It's going to have to be a dynamic mic like a 57... for a condenser will need phantom power tat a marshall can't provide.
You don't have a PA?

:cool:

the as50d is an acoustic amp with xlr input and phantom power.

i have access to a pa but its far to big to be setting up for the venues im doing,small weddings, functions etc.....

i have a couple of condensers behringer c2, and a samson c03. but these seem to noisey

How about an Audio Technica AT2021? fits the budget.

In fact you could buy a AT2041SP studio pack with both an AT2020 and a AT2021 for about the budget and have 2 mics.

Cheers

Alan.

Back