Mesa Boogie Dual Recto Tone Test

pretty good

im not a recording master but i think it sounds pretty good. 1 thing that i noticed,make sure that you record your guitar in a room that has little reverb or throw a blanket over the amp. Good Sound!!!

hope i helped

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=853293

So what do guys think about this? Mesa boogie dual recto 2ch version thru a mesa cab. Maxon od808 for boost. Shure PG48 just thrown in front of it. Just jammin' so sorry for the mistakes:). Any advice for improvments. More the rhythm guitar im concerned about. Thanks!

I like the tone. But I would definately be curious to hear what it sounds like with the overdrive removed though. The reason is this. You are certianly not the only one who uses a boost on dual rectos. They are quite popular in fact, especially the Maxon. But for me (and this is strictly my opinion), they color the tone a little to much. You lose a little of the recto growl in the mid range tone area and it is replaced by a higher tone. I can hear it a bit in your recording. It sounds great but reminded me a bit of when I put a tube screamer in front of my amp. It made for a tighter muted palm sound but really took away from the tone when I hit chords and let them ring out. In my playing I can make the muted palm stuff sound tighter by adjusting my picking and palm placement, but I could not get that "classic recto growl" sound back in the chords with the tube screamer in front.

If you feel like it, I would definately be curious to here it again with the exact same settings only minus the overdrive. You may be forced to slightly raise you gain, but barely. And I mean just a hair.

But in the end, if you are happy, that is all that matters. It does sound great though!

Ya I noticed that with the open chords. Mabye if I put the output less. I will try that. Thanks! Anyone else have input?

im not a recording master but i think it sounds pretty good. 1 thing that i noticed,make sure that you record your guitar in a room that has little reverb or throw a blanket over the amp. Good Sound!!!

hope i helped
Forgot to say. I recorded in a very small treated booth. Not sure how I can deaden the reverb anymore. Advice?

Back