Markley Blue "Steal"

Larry Gude

Hope this is an OK post.

I bought a bunch of these strings, Blue Steel, recently and I want to warn that the wound strings, the .42 and the .30, let go easy. Real easy. I haven't timed the interval between breaks but it is WAY shorter than anything I can remember. I'll guess I don't get 2 hours before the A or D unravels.

They play nice and may be fine if you have a softer touch.

Larry-

I used to play those strings for a while a few years ago. I noticed I broke them easier too. I think it must have something to do with the "cryogenic" process they use. I never had one unwind on me, but I sure did snap them.

I'm using Snake Oil Strings now and really like them. But I lilke Elixers on my acoustics (and, strangely on my Les Paul but not my other electrics).

H2H

hmmmmm never had that problem i def break the high e .11 using those waaaay faster but never had one unravel like that. Used em on my strat by the way

used to love those

i used them all the time way back when. they had a good tone on my Taylor but one thing i did find was this. one set would sound awesome and not break and just be sweet sounding all the way untill dead as a door nail! then the next set would sound bad right out of the box :confused: i never broke a string with them although a friend broke one while playing my guitar live :o so i do not know. i was just not able to keep buying them every two weeks for four guitars to stay going. so i started getting bulk strings for $2 a set. over all i guess i would use them again if i had the money although for not much more i could get EXP da'darrio strings which i really like the sound of it just takes $$$$$ :D

H2h...

...yeah, I love that; cyrogenic. Break like icicles!

I got them on my Paul, just jammed for about two hours, we're working on a record here! Still on the first 11, 13, 18 and .52, about 2 weeks. On third .42 and 4th .30

And I do like how they play.

i also had tons of problems with the blue steels ... went right back to elixirs. polywebs for the acoustics, 50/50 split with the electrics. goddamn they sound great.

I've used them in the past. I thought they were ok.
They never unraveled or broke on me...
I then used the GHS Guitar Boomers for a while.
Now, I've got a set of DR strings I'm about to put on.

Back