looking for suggestions on guitar wireless systems

Lt. Bob

Spread the Daf!
I have a friend that called me up for advice on which system to buy and I know nothing about them since I'm quite content with a cord.
So any ideas on a system that works well with no dropouts or interference problems?
He's thinking he'll have to pay 4-5 hundred. That much really? Seems like there's be something a little cheaper nowadays but it's his money so I don't care.
Anyway .... looking for advice to pass along to him.

The only wireless system for guitar that I trust is what is known as acoustic guitars. If your friend doesn't want interferance or noise yet doesn't want a wire conecting his guitar to anything, the only way to go is acoustic, especialy if he is thinking on using it in the studio. Richard Monroe replied to a thread recently (reguarding wireless mics, but it applies to guitar too)..... "Real men use cables." A really high end wireless system would be nice on a 100 ft. wide stage where you dont want to drag that much wire around, but to be honest most of us usually stay within 20 ft. of our amps and dragging 20 ft. of cable around usually isn't too much of an inconvenience.

Back