Looking for a nice electric guitar

Whose 'mid-range'? Got a number? What are you playing now? Have an amp? Is this for live or recording or both?

The new Epiphone LP's and SG's are really nice for a "mid" level, versatile guitar. I mean new as in last few years. Many have split coil pickups and are built surprisingly well. For roughly 500 bucks you can get a really nice brand new model. They're much better than the entry level squires and metal wannabe shit that's out there. Since 2006 or so, Epi's have come a long way.

Or you can go the used route and pick up real Gibsons or non-USA Fenders for about the same or a little more.

That's the usual stuff though. Of course there are a myriad of other brands to choose from, but you'll never go wrong with a Gibson or a Fender.

Ibanez art

you can get one for about $300-$400, maybe even less from C.l., that will rival any epiphone:guitar:

Head up to your local guitar store and play as many as you can get your hands on in your price range. What are you used to playing on? Last time I was shoppig around I ended up picking up 10-15 guitars and ended up liking the ugliest one of the pack. The last one I would've picked out of a magazine was the only one I wanted to take out of the store (epiphone riviera p93 custom royale).

guild, works for soundgarden

hell yeah it does,

and Greg put down the pipe!:facepalm: if you look at the top of your screen you will see thw sweetwater banner. 3rd guit from right, Ibanez Atrist, take that over some POS epi!

hell yeah it does,

and Greg put down the pipe!:facepalm: if you look at the top of your screen you will see thw sweetwater banner. 3rd guit from right, Ibanez Atrist, take that over some POS epi!

It's nice to see the ads are doing their job on the gullible. :D

I just don't really like Ibanez and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Obviously your tastes are different and you feel very strongly about Ibanez....probably because you own one. That's cool. Everyone just loves the stuff they already have.

Lol. Ibanez is poo.

It took me nearly 8 years and too much money to realise this :facepalm: I'd say i miss the three i had, but that's a whole hearted lie. The only guitar i regret selling was a 2003 Epiphone Korina SG that was just gorgeous. I see them come up every now and then second hand but they're not much cheaper than what i paid new!

Last time i was looking to buy i was very impressed with the Gretch Electomatic Junior and some of the new Squire stuff (although, out of the 6 or so i played they were very hit and miss). i ended up with a Squire Tele Custom ii that is perfect for me but certainly not everyones cup of tea.

so true

I just don't really like Ibanez and wouldn't recommend them to anyone. Obviously your tastes are different and you feel very strongly about Ibanez....probably because you own one. That's cool. Everyone just loves the stuff they already have.

I'm just messin....your right I do own 1.... actually 5. And they serve me well.

Back