Looking for a nice electric guitar

I'm pretty sure I commented on them a couple of times but I'll try again.
I have a set of their alnico vintage overwounds in my strat and I think they're about the best sounding strat p'ups I've ever used and I've had quite a few strats. I've probably had maybe a dozen of them and I have to go by memory since that's over quite a span of years but I have a partscaster with the vintage overwounds and it's the stratiest sounding strat I've used ..... I highly recommend them without regard to cost.
I'd choose them over ANY of the actual strat pickups I've used but they are only like ..... 70 bucks for a set of three.

Their 'buckers ....... I have a set in that thinline tele of theirs and they sound pretty good. There are just so many kinds of humbucker sounds so it gets hard to say anything similar to the strat p'up thing (they're the humbuckingest sounding humbuckers doesn't work) but they are pretty decent sounding. These particular ones have a very pronounced mid-range 'bark' to them that, I don't think, would be good for metal. But they work very well for vintage sounds. And they have quite a range of p'ups with fairly accurate descriptions of their sounds on their site so I feel positive that they have 'buckers with the sound you want and they're crazy cheap.

Actually other p'ups are crazy expensive if you think about it.
We're just talking about a spool of copper wire and a few magnets.

So I mentioned earlier in this thread that I was jazzed up over the new Hagstrom Deuce-F in the tobacco sunburst finish....but I saw this solid Hagstrom Deuce, and had to get it...just in time for Xmas.

I'm sure a Deuce-F will follow me home soon too! :)

HagstromDeuce_1.jpg

HagstromDeuce_2.jpg

Try Fender Marauder. It's the 2012 new model. Very interesting instrument in aboout mid-range of 300 - 350$

I am a fan of Schecter guitars, i had a blackjack for a while i payed like $499 if memory serves and it was an awesome guitar.

Back