Looking for Kooks-esque guitar on an original song

grn

Do you mean the lead guitar sound at about 2:05 on the Kooks tune?

Where on your song did you want to stick the lead?
Is that all there will be to your backing tracks? I don't hear any bass.
I like your drums during the verses...but the toms rolls sound out of place, they sound almost electronic. Also, the cymbals are a bit dinky/flat.

It's good song...it has potential. Maybe we can do some collaboration.

Oh...who's the female vocalist on your other Soundcloud tune?
Does she like to sing on any other stuff? :)

I meant the electric guitar throughout the tune that plays around the vocals. So maybe not what would be considered a lead as in a solo, but just lead guitar... although there is a spot for the solo after the bridge comes around the first time... after the "I can't wait to find someone..." part.

This is definitely not all the backing tracks. There will be bass and none of it has really been mixed.

The girl on the other track is an actor friend of mine and I'm sure she'd love more work. I'll have a different female on just about every song on this project though.

I'll have a different female on just about every song on this project though.

I need to move to Lynchburg, VA.

Around here...female singers are rarer than hen's teeth, and the ones that there are, most are into that folksy/acoustic stuff, where they sing in those softly strained voices.

Not sure how soon you need the guitar track...but I'll give it another listen (I originally thought you just meant the solo part), and see if it fits my playing style and if I can come up with anything.

Haha, well most of the female singers I have are from New York... I work with a couple theatre groups and the opera company around here so I get a lot of out of town talent to source from.

As for time, I am giving myself unlimited time to get the songs right. This is my first solo effort after having paid the bills with a touring rock band for 6 years so I want to make sure it's not just good, but great.

Back