Looking for help with pedalboard issue

I really don't want to spam the things and the original blue face are long since discontinued anyway. (IMO the chrome face new version sucks out loud.)
lou
really?
I'd wondered about that.

And the old Valvetronix pedal was blue too with two pedals.
I wonder if that was also different than the current shiny version with one pedal.

Tonelab they called them. I don't know if they changed those or not. I never tried one but I saw a band where the guitarist used one. He had it dialed in. Sounded good straight to the PA.

lou

Well a wah is a filter based effect not a time based effect. So applying a signal treatment such as a wah , EQ , compressor , or OD/Dist is completely different than applying a flanger , chorus , phase shifter , or delay.

In theory.

I agree that the delay, in order to effectively emulate "space" needs to be after the established tone. But I don't use chorus or flanger that way. Thought they are time based effects, they are warblers that I use to affect drive just like a wah.

As I said, I use delay before the gain stage when I am trying to get an authentic rockabilly sound. The point of the delay is not supposed to fool you into thinking you are playing in a cathedral or on a mountaintop. It's supposed to make the guitar sound weird or different or cool. When I am trying to artificially create the sound of a room or church or canyon or whatever, then the delay/reverb come at the end. Then it sounds like the amp is in the canyon.

Putting the warblers last seems like putting your amp on the tilt-a-whirl. Maybe, in a pink floydie kind of way that would be what I am trying to get. but, i think more often, I am trying to drive different frequencies as a component of the fundamental tone. I know that I don't like to manipulate the end product by swooshing around the fundamental after the fact.

But, I am a square so I offer no valuable advice.

FWIW, I use Pedal Train Pro pedal board for gigs, and a Pedal Train Jr. for church. (And can use either for recording) My chain on the larger board is Wireless>Strobostomp Tuner>Fulltone Clyde Wah>Fulltone OCD>Fulltone Fat Boost>Visual Sound H20 (Chorus/Delay)>Boss Acoustic Simulator>Fuchs ODS 50 head and 1x12 cabinet. Jr> is Wireless>Fulltone GT 500 OD/Distortion>Visual Sound H20>Strobostomp Tuner/Direct Box>PA. To my ear the Fulltone pedals are a HUGE improvement sound/build wise over the Boss stuff. The H20 is good for me as it takes up less real estate than 2 individual pedals would, and still sounds pretty good. I've finally gotten to the point that my constant buying/replacing cycle is over. :)

Back