Looking For a Combo Amp

Lo-Fi Mike

this is the clean tone i am after.

what amp should i be looking at, currently my budget is $700.00. I could also wait and save a few more hundred if needed.
This amp is for recording purposes mainly, so the money could go towards tone rather than ampage.

thanks in advance:D

this is the clean tone i am after.

what amp should i be looking at, currently my budget is $700.00. I could also wait and save a few more hundred if needed.
This amp is for recording purposes mainly, so the money could go towards tone rather than ampage.

thanks in advance:D

I dont know what band that is but they sound really cool/good. I'd say go fender...they are known for their cleans...maybe vox?

The sound is really full and clean with a clear bass-I wonder if they are using a 15" speaker for that bottom end? Might be Fender or Roland jazz chorus maybe??:confused:

If you're dead set on an amp for cleans only, then the Roland Jazz Chorus is the way to go. They're well below your price range and do the job miraculously. But maybe think about just going direct. That's about as clean as you can get, as long as you're not distorting the preamp.

ok thanks

I dont know what band that is but they sound really cool/good. I'd say go fender...they are known for their cleans...maybe vox?

yeah i was thinking Vox AC15 Custom Classic, but i keeping reading reviews that they are breaking down alot, they praise the tone, just not the longevity.

I'll do some research one the Roland Jazz Chorus.

by the way the band is Lewis, out of Dallas TX. They were on Deep Elm, but I'm not sure if they are even playing anymore.
http://www.deepelm.com/bands/index_lewis.html

Back