Live sound - Acoustic Guitar Effects

Treeline

Any ideas out there for messing with an acoustic sound?

I'm thinking about loops, layering, and basic combination effects, like reverb and compression. I'm running the guitar's outputs through a blender / preamp and into a stage board, as well as using a mic'd signal. A loop / pedal thing could go in the chain as an insert.

I'd like to find something with a quick stage setup. It'd be cool to lay down something in a live performance, loop it, lay down a second part, and so on to build the tune, all on the fly, Phil Keaggy-style (well, absent the talent...) Any ideas /experience out there?

Well this is a little different from what I get the impression you want, but the Danelectro Cool Cat chorus sounds nice for rhythm if used sparingly. For some other cool effects check out David Gilmours new live DVD. He uses a combination of chorus, delay, and a volume pedal to get a great atmospheric backing sound for his solo rendition of "Shine on you crazy diamond". It essentially creates the sound of two guitars at once... You really have to see it to know what I am saying, its really cool!

Back