Line 6 Spider 2's

AsIsRock

Does anyone have a line 6 spider 2? If so, can you record direct in with them, or is it better just to mic it? I havent got one yet but my main objective is getting a good guitar sounds for recording at a reasonable price. Thanks

Line 6 rules!

You can record direct with them, but you can get really great results micing them too. I am a Line 6 convert so i am all gung ho about the majority of their products. I think they are great. Have you heard the HD147 head full stack. I am telling you that thing is fucking insane. I would take that amp hands down over MOST tube amps. I would try micing and running direct then mixing the two to taste. Anyway as far as low price, versatility, and over all good sound the Spider 2's are hard to beat.

IF you are looking to record direct...and are thinking lIne6 gear....then get the XTPRO rackmount.....it's made for that specific purpose...

I have the POD 2.3, Flextone II and XTPRO.......the latter is by far the best 'direct recording' modeller around - to date.

Check it out, but be prepared to tweak it for a while, in order to get great tones...The Guitar Port software editor is really good for that.

KEV

Back