L.H. Strat

twist

Yesterday I saw this guy playing a left handed Strat. ...... O.K., but he was playing it right handed - and it was strung right handed. So It was like Jimi in reverse kinda,... except didn't Jimi play a right handed Strat that was strung right handed? I found this very bizzarre, and couldn't imagine why he would buy an upside down guitar......unless it was left to him by a left handed relative and had some sentimental value or something. Any ideas?

Twist

Dick Dale - King of surf guitar!
Left handed player, strung right handed. Might explain why a lot of his solos have more low notes in them???

I'm amazed at marketing ploys like the Fender "Jimi Hendrix Voodo Strat" and the likes... which is probably what that guy was playing. Premise is that part of Hendrix's sound was from the fact that the pickups were in an upside-down position and the string path was somewhat different with the low E string being longer than the high e on a flipped guitar.

He sounded pretty damn good on a Gibson Flying V, too, maybe it was just talent???

Queue

kenneth "babyface" edmonds also plays left-strung-right. i didn't realize it until i saw him in the 'when will i see you again' video with eric clapton. i knew he was a southpaw (as am i) but i didn't know he played upside-down.

i play left and right, but strung properly both ways.

Back