Just got a POD XT! HELP?

wx3

Hey guys,

I just picked myself up a pod xt after some careful consideration and after listening to lots of songs done by hr bbs members. I just hooked it up to my system and am currently a little unsatisfied with the tone. I have the right and left outputs pluged into the line inputs on the front of my firepod recording into cubase le. Is there a way to record straight from the USB, and is it better? Also, what is a good way to set it up to get some heavy mesa style modern distortion. (The Preset isn't that great).

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

You can record directly via USB. You need the right drivers installed. It works well for me.

Check the Line 6 forum on POD gear for much more info on tones and ohter details.

Ed

Yeah, I've updated the pod and drivers with the line 6 monkey. Just a little confused about how to set it up in cubase.

Not sure how it works in Cubase, but in SONAR I just see the POD show up in my Track Inputs list when I have my POD plugged into the USB port.

It shows up as a midi input but not an audio input. This makes no sense to me because it's only hooked up via usb not midi.

Also make sure your output is set to Studio Direct when recording direct. That one defeated me for days.

Tony

In Audition I have to record it 16 bit instead of 32 bit. For some reason it won't record 32 bit through the USB port, but Cubase may be different.

I find the pre-sets a little too harsh and digital. I usually dial down the distortion and if need be use the tube overdrive to give it a little more push.

Stick with it.

I recomend getting all the software and updates that Line 6 has, including line 6 edit. I usually run that while I record and tweak my sounds on the computer rather than on the device itself. You can do things so much faster that you should be able to get some decent sounds. Also if you have line 6 edit you can download a ton of presets that users have created. I found that there is an STP preset that is nice and smooth for recording as well as the AC/DC sounds (a little more raw and cutting), that work as a good place to start. You have to tweak alot to get a tone that matches something that you want.

As far as just playing through the POD I have best results when I come out of the headphone output and then directly into a plain amplifier, then right to some recording monitors or speakers.

Back