Just built my buddy a custom ABBA pedal.

Outlaws

Check it.

2 ins with 2 outs. AB/BA. ;)

Select between two guitars going to either two amps or an amp/tuner combo.

Sometimes I just amaze myself. :D

www.battletone.com/images/ABBAoutards.jpg
www.battletone.com/images/ABBAinnards.jpg

After tax and shipping and stuff, I would say it cost about $45-50 to build, not including time drilling and soldering and painting.

But its all worth it because is top of the line footswitches (not those cheaper blue shits, but Carlin and Switchcraft.

Last edited:
Looks like a cool box to me, any thoughts for a logo yet???

What you say you are going to leave it blank? :eek:

timmerman said:
Looks like a cool box to me, any thoughts for a logo yet???

What you say you are going to leave it blank? :eek:

Already done, but my access to the laser that does it has disapeared, so no logo anytime soon. :(

(thats my footswitchable volume pedal)

Last edited:
Outlaws said:
Already done, but my access to the laser that does it has disapeared, so no logo anytime soon. :(

(thats my footswitchable volume pedal)

Some cool stuff there man, I like the sound of "Battletone"...........nice ;)

Eh Outlaws, just one more which I did forget to ask you yesterday: What is the seize of your feet man? Must have some hard time adjusting that knob in real time.......................

Reactions: LfO
timmerman said:
Eh Outlaws, just one more which I did forget to ask you yesterday: What is the seize of your feet man? Must have some hard time adjusting that knob in real time.......................

lol...

No, I just got that box on accident. I thought I ordered the 1590B, in aluminum, but instead, ordered the 1590AB...'A' being for a small ass box, not aluminum, and 'B' being for black...even though I knew better...what I needed was a 1590BBB....it was a long night. :p

But then I realized that I could cram it all in there and not have to go through the hassle of shipping it back...plus the black powder coat was just awsome looking, and after I did a computer mockup of the layout decided it was a perfect fuck up.

But I do use my volume on my guitar, I just like to have the option of a quick and easy change when using one channel amps. Sort of a makeshift channel switch if you will.

Couldn't help it, but your subject line had me expecting something related to this:

Attachments

• ABBA.jpg
    ABBA.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 122
Damn - I wish I had seen that earlier - I need something exactly like that!

I've ordered two Boss switching boxes instead - but have realised that I won't be able to use them in the wau I wanted to. I've got two seperate guitars going to different channel of my amp and I want to switch between guitar1 going to input one and guitar2 going to input2, but all going through the same effects.

What I in-fact needed was one Boss switcher and one of those Morley switchers.

But it looks as though your handy box would be better at the start of the chain...
How much would you ship one to the UK for?

Hi Coldmate,

This Boss one would let you do what you want, you seem them regularly on Ebay, sure not as cool as one of OUtlaws boxes.................

here is the link to the use of the boss pedal www.bossarea.com

Good luck

Attachments

• LS2.jpg
    LS2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 120
Codmate said:
Damn - I wish I had seen that earlier - I need something exactly like that!

I've ordered two Boss switching boxes instead - but have realised that I won't be able to use them in the wau I wanted to. I've got two seperate guitars going to different channel of my amp and I want to switch between guitar1 going to input one and guitar2 going to input2, but all going through the same effects.

What I in-fact needed was one Boss switcher and one of those Morley switchers.

But it looks as though your handy box would be better at the start of the chain...
How much would you ship one to the UK for?

RE: $
You can email me but I'd rather not discuss that stuff here. I showed the inside picture though so if you can solder or know how it works, you can make one yourself though.

If you mean guitar 1 going to the amps hi input and guitar 2 going two the amps low input, that cannot be done. 99.9% of all amps only let you plug in one spot (the hi input for example would disconnect the low). Though once upon a time I had a Crate that let me and my friend both play out of it.

That boss pedal linked to looks very cool.

ahuimanu said:
Couldn't help it, but your subject line had me expecting something related to this:

;)

I don't even wanna ask why you know who ABBA is in the first place lol.

Outlaws said:
RE: $
You can email me but I'd rather not discuss that stuff here. I showed the inside picture though so if you can solder or know how it works, you can make one yourself though.

If you mean guitar 1 going to the amps hi input and guitar 2 going two the amps low input, that cannot be done. 99.9% of all amps only let you plug in one spot (the hi input for example would disconnect the low). Though once upon a time I had a Crate that let me and my friend both play out of it.

That boss pedal linked to looks very cool.

Cool - I may drop you a line sometime, or maybe get a freind to show me how to solder ;)

I realise that you can't have the high and low gain inputs of a channel plugged in at once, luckily I have a true 2 channel amp (Fender Vibrolux). I run my American Deluxe Strat into the normal and my LP Studio into the bright.

I want to be able to just pick up the correct guitar for the song and have all the same pedals (when I say *all* - I actually mean just a tuner and a TS-9 - lol) hooked in :)

It looks like the line selector will do it - I'll have a closer look at one in a local music store to make sure.

How to:

Here is a somewhat proper wiring diagram for anyone interested in making one. ;)

wire.jpg

Last edited:
Does it allow you to send one guitar to two different amps at the same time?

Or better yet does it allow two guitars to go to two amps?

Anyway you have a cool idea and design.

Dani Pace said:
Does it allow you to send one guitar to two different amps at the same time?

No, a simlpe Y adaptor would do that for you. If you need on amp on all the time, and the second to turn on/off, then you could connect an input to another input so the signl is always on for one output.

Dani Pace said:
Or better yet does it allow two guitars to go to two amps?

Tat doesn't normally sound good anyways, but no.

But thanks for the comments.

Back