JamMan vs JamMan solo

cuffs

Hey, so i've been looking around and researching various looping pedals and the JamMan's seem like a good pedals for an intermediate level guitar player such as myself who only plays as a hobby.

My simple question is what is the difference between the JamMan and the JamMan solo? And which is a better buy? Why would I go for the more expensive JamMan over the Solo? I've been comparing the two based on the listed features and there doesn't seem like much.

Thanks guys,

I have a JamMan. Noticed the Solo at Ken Stanton Music a couple of weeks ago.

OT1H, having 2 foot switches, or 5 with the optional 3-button add-on, gives you lots of on-the-fly versatility- IF you can learn/master using all those options during the "heat of battle." OTOH, I see an optional add-on foot switch can be used with the Solo (doesn't say it is the 3-button'er, but I presume it is) will get you as much, or almost. So I am calling that a DRAW.

The Solo is smaller, and can use 8GB cards (vs. 2GB for the JM) for a whopping 16 hours of loops. Now, I can not imagine ANYONE who calls himself a live-music player needing 16 hours of RECORDED music, but I suppose there could be a use for it. Advantage, Solo.

So, between the two, I don't see any real advantage to paying more- go with the Solo would be my suggestion.

But have you considered the JamMan Stereo? If I were buying today, I think I'd spring the extra c-note for that one.

Back