Inexpensive guitar wall hangers, pick holders, cable hangers, ect.

beartronical

hey there ladies and gents, i am new to this forum and this is actually my first post. i was curious as to the level of interest in guitar hangers, cable hangers, wall mounted pick holders, and wall mounted monitor holders would be. i recently was looking for an inexpensive way to mount my guitars to the wall and decided to make my own hangers, then i decided that i wanted to hang my cables, then i decided that i always lose my plectrums so i designed something to hold them and mount them to a wall too (think mic stand pic holder but made of wood and foam and mounted anywhere). anyway i am not trying to sell anything here, i just am trying to get a feel for if this is a valid path to go down.

i also do have a website that has all of the things that i have made but because i am so new it will not let me post it here. If you would like it please send me a PM.

Can you add your site to your signature?? UserCP>Edit Signature. You may not be able to until you have a certain number of posts. I should know those details, but alas, I don't.

I made a wall rack for my guitars from a simple wood shelf. Just cut notches in a shelf at 45 degree angles and covered the edges with Pipe foam.

photo2web.jpg

i was curious as to the level of interest in guitar hangers, cable hangers, wall mounted pick holders, and wall mounted monitor holders would be.

Not sure what you have going....but there are already all kinds of "hanger" options out there of various designs. All of my guitars are wall-hung (I use String Swing hangers).

There are also plenty of cable hanger options and pick holders...so you would need something unique to break into that market.

i think that what i really want to do i incorporate multiple things together, the next thing on the list is a pick holder and a guitar holder built into one mount so that your specific picks that go with guitars can always stay with them. the other goal is really to be cost effective i want to sell these for no more than 6 dollars a piece.

by the way chili your guitar hanger is REALLY cool looking!!

Smooth, Chili. Can you also hang a tele (with a regular tele headstock) without it slipping out?

And tell me more about the tele you've got there.

Smooth, Chili. Can you also hang a tele (with a regular tele headstock) without it slipping out?

And tell me more about the tele you've got there.

I'm sure if you cut the notch to the right diameter it'll hold a (real) tele. I cut these to 2 1/4" and they fit all the guitars I have, including the banjo!! :eek:

Here's a link to mine:

XV-835 Flamed maple Top Solid Woods Vintage Natural Maple Fingerboard

Love this guitar. As soon as I got it, I took it to a tech for a set up. He did the usual string height, intonation, neck twist/bow/etc. He also dressed and filed the frets because they seriously needed it. A lot of overhang. I asked him to remove the decal because I think Xavierre is just the stupidest name for a guitar brand. He didn't charge me for that and teh whole work up was less than $100. My guitar was a blemished guitar, so a nice discount. With the tweed case, shipping, work up and everything, it all was less than $350!!!

The one nitpick I have with it is teh pickguard causes static build-up when the air has low humidity, so it crackles a bit if you rub it. I don't think this problem is specific to GFS guitars because I've read somewhere on here that someone's fender did the same thing.

You can hear it on this song:

Texas Heat

Back