I need your help to build the perfect Home Studio!

Ken D. Webber

Hello, I am a professional illustrator who is poised for greatness in the future. I always have an eye open on future plans and music is also an area that I seek to expand into. I am also a musician so I am asking all the Home recordist's that I can think of to send me their suggestions on how to build the perfect dream Home studio. I need your advice and your imagination. If you were to suddenly come upon say, ten million dollars, and wanted to build the PERFECT recording studio what would be included? What equipment is an absolute must have when cost is no consideration? What musical equipment would you need for perfection? Do you have any links to manufacturers and suppliers? Are there any things that I should know about the setting for the studio itself? Wall designs and the form of the structure? What about the environment itself such as ways to make it artist friendly? Are there any nightmares that you have encountered or shoddy equipment manufacturers that should be avoided? I am looking for the most PERFECT STUDIO you can imagine with full digital capabilities. I look forward to hearing your list of suggestions, email me, and thank you for all that you can offer! Ken D. Webber / Artist

You can buy everthing you need at your local Radio Shack, Ken.
Thier equipment is all first rate and the industry standard. Nothing else comes close.

Ken, Please post your address and best time of the day to find you at home so I may hunt you down and kill you!

Ken, I am probably the least qualified to answer your question. But in the remote possibility that you are serious write Even@juno.com and I will at least entertain this very broad based query.

Ken-
I've been reading through the responses to your question. There are a few good ones, but as you know most of them are garbage. Alot of times, like in music, you'll sift through a whole lot of garbage and realize there's very little good stuff. There's a world of mediocrity out there. The lesson here is you can't always look to others for the answers to your questions. Look within yourself. That's where the music is.

Every time I read this post in it's multiple locations, apart from the '... not here, too reaction, ' I am awed by S8-N's ability to denigrate Mr. Webber so thoroughly and with such casual panache.
Each time I see a post in a new location, I can't wait to see what inventive deviancy S8N is going to unleash upon us - and so far - no disappointments!

foo

[This message has been edited by foo (edited 02-08-2000).]

Now you're friggin YODA???
hixmix=KEN D. WEBBER!!!
He didnt even have the balls to reply to me with his own screen name!!!! Things must be getting awfully lonely in Texas.

S8-N's probably right...no profile hometown for Hixmix...so the D in Webber's name probably does stand for Dixmix...or dickhead...or dipshit....or dingleberry...

gee...gibs your thought process is truly inspiring..do you know any other words that begin with the letter "d".

on second thought gibs, forget about it. i'd hate to see you exhaust yourself trying to match the originality of the last three words you came up with.

With a 1) broken K-mart karioke machine (it comes with a real microphone!), 2) an dusty old boombox that has never seen a head cleaning (it comes with a built-in microphone!), 3) a cheesy yamaha keyboard bought for 10 bucks at a yard sale, 4) a bunch of well-played Neil Sedaka tapes (put scotch tape over the holes in the back so you can record over them), 5) an optional guitar of any sort, and 6) the recording tips, tricks, and wisdom available on this site, a fella can self-produce musical numbers that only the top ears in the industry (if even they!) could tell from the "real thing"! Don't ever let a lack of funds (or an astonishing excess of them!) get in the way of your dreams! Go get'em, cowboy!

sheesh.

Hey, Dixmix, here's some originality for ya...bite me.

Where ya postin' from, little man? Don't wanna give out yer mom's address???

What a wank rag.....

gibs....enough with the kindergarten humour...you're too old for that....you're in the first grade now...remember?

S8-n...your expletives are truely a breath of fresh air. You choad felating little golly womper.

Back