I built a RAT and a Fuzz Factory.

Guitargodgt

The Helios is a RAT clone. The buzz foundry is a fuzz factory clone.

They are both not 100% true to the original clones though. The FF especially since I used different transistors that are (most likely) higher gain than the ones used in zvex fuzz factories.

5Fpp3S9.jpg

pibxEN6.jpg

vR5jYnc.jpg

Video of the Rat. I don't have video of the fuzz factory yet.

nice idea to use an electrical box. Never thought of that.

If I were to build something, I would want a tuner and compressor in one. Those are the only two effects I need. I know there are DIY compressor boxes out there, but are there any DIY tuners?

Huh, I never realized how much that enclosure looks like a conduit box but I guess it does with those casting marks at the bottom like that.

It's actually a 125B from Tayda, I went ahead and tried out thier pre-powder coated options and the powder coating is actually pretty good although there is a lot of over spray on the inside area. The FF is in a 1590B and I did the powder coating on it.

I'm not aware of any tuner DIY projects, but maybe you could re-house one together with a Ross compressor or something?

That's pretty sweet!

There have to be schemas for how to build a tuner out there somewhere. Maybe not a kit, but if you can do a kit and can find components, you can do a full build.

Yeah, I was going to suggest buying pre-made tuner (you can get some for as low as $25-30?) which is probably cheaper than you could even build your own DIY and then just mod it to cram your DIY compressor in there. ;)

yeah, those are good suggestions. I currently use a digitech amp sim pedal for my bass. I only use the tuner, comp and noise gate in it and keep the amp sim stuff turned off. I would rather not lug it around in my gig bag and have a smaller pedal.

Currently building another bass, so maybe after this one is done, I'll look into making a pedal. That'll be pretty cool.

Back