Votes: 707 40.2%
  • 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I play leftie so my options are always more limited. I didn't think I had this many, but I have 4:

1) B.C. Rich Mockingbird - I've always loved this guitar. FINALLY got one in 2007. Still love it.
2) Fender Jaguar - Had the bridge single-coil replaced with Seymour Duncan Hotrails.
3) Fender Acoustic - I don't play this too often. I normally play with distortion.
4) Davison [Les Paul clone] - This thing was cheap; $164 new. But it was a traslucent blue Les Paul style. I couldn't pass that up. I had a local shop refret and re-plane the neck. It was so far gone a trussrod adjustment wouldn't cut it. It actually sounds and plays great now.

Last edited:
I have...
1973 Strat customized to the max,
1981 Hagstrom Swede,
1981 Ovation
1979 Yamaki 12 string
2010 Squire C.V. Tele
1988 Ibanez something or other. (tried to i.d. but there are no numbers on it. It has shark-tooth inlays, h-s-h pickups and Floyd Rose bridge.)
1980 something Yamaha classical
1976 Hondo Strat
1966 Yamaha SG-3

I've actually lost count at this point. I'm afraid it's about to be one more, though. I've run across another mutt. A Modern Player Tele that's had some, ahem, 'work' done to it. The mediocre stock humbuckers have been replaced with even crappier ones, but that's OK, 'cause I was going to replace them anyway. But the important thing is that it's been stripped and stained. Turquoise. :D

Oh, and even though I've lost count, I do know it's over 40 now. :facepalm:

None of them are anything special, though.

Well, I take that back. Most of them are special, just none of them were expensive, and most were dirt cheap, a few even free.

I do have some interesting stuff, though. I mean, how many guys here have a Coral clone? (electric sitar guitar)

I always said, I could never justify spending $2000 on a guitar, but I could justify spending $200 on a guitar 10 times.

I used to think that way too... mostly because I couldn't afford a $2000 guitar. However, now that I can... I wouldn't buy a $200 guitar. haha.

My current lineup.

2001 Les Paul Custom (Wine Red Flame)
2014 Music Man Majesty (Siberian Sapphire)
2013 PRS 408 MT (Orange Tiger)
2002 Fender American Deluxe Strat (Red w/Maple)
Old ass Samick TR2 that I couldn't sell if I tried lol

I'm trying to find a better shot but so far this is all I can find.

IMG_5385.jpg

and my kit guitar

DSC00295.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5378.jpg
    IMG_5378.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 113
Just one. I made it myself from solid Ebony. No, it's not heavy. One neodymium Q-tuner q2.0 pickup in the neck position and no tone/vol. controls. Great sound & looks.

I have four: an LP, a strat, a ES175 and an acoustic. All cheap clones but excellent axes that covers a not bad range of tones.

Beside them I have other four at my carpenter shop workbench on the go (I am building them myself): an SG, a semi hollow body LP, a LP-DC and a Tele. I don't know if I will keep them after they are finished though or if I will give them away. It will depend if they will provide me uniques tones. If not, I have a couple avid nephews. I am specially excited with the SG that will receive a pair of P90 pickups.

:)

I have four: an LP, a strat, a ES175 and an acoustic. All cheap clones but excellent axes that covers a not bad range of tones.

Beside them I have other four at my carpenter shop workbench on the go (I am building them myself): an SG, a semi hollow body LP, a LP-DC and a Tele. I don't know if I will keep them after they are finished though or if I will give them away. It will depend if they will provide me uniques tones. If not, I have a couple avid nephews. I am specially excited with the SG that will receive a pair of P90 pickups.

:)

The guys and gals here here would be interested to see whats on your bench........... Project builds are always well supported here.

I have a PRS CE 24, a Tacoma DM-9, and then a bunch that I have built. I have four ongoing builds right now: an LP '54 GT, a neck-through explorer, a multiscale strat, and a more traditional strat. I am also helping a friend build an SG and I need to build my daughter a 3/4 scale guitar for her birthday. After that, I'm taking a break, but it will put me over the 13 mark, I am pretty sure. I think it will also make something like 19 built. Can't have too many guitars, except when you move cross country and have to give up having a guitar room...

It's funny how early GAS can hit. I currently have 4 guitars. My 15-year-old son just bought his second. :)

Hopefully, at some point soon, we're going to start building, probably from kits to start, so I look for this number to increase.

Haha! My son (also 15) and I have just started building an SG copy (bolt neck) from a Thomann kit. We have sprayed the body and neck with grey primer, and we are waiting for the British weather to improve so we can give it a few coats of bright blue (Ford Monza Blue) and then clear lacquer. This will be Thomas's third electric - he already has a customised Squier Tele with a Bigsby and an Epiphone Wildkat, plus three vintage flat-tops (two Italian, one East German) an Epiphone Dobro and an Encore P-bass copy.

2-standard electrics 1-accoustic 1-baritone electric 1-bass 1-ukelele. But I really only play the 94' gibson LP. Shocker!!!

Got 8 in total but only 3 I really care about.

I don't have a great deal of money so I don't spend £thousands but I've got a few that I love.

Main guitar at the moment is a Fender FMT Telecaster - basically telecaster in name and outline body shape only.
It's Korean with two decent SD Humbuckers in it and a fixed bridge. Pretty much a Les Paul set up with coil tap. The thing feels great to play and sounds abolsolutely beautiful and warm when going for clean tones on the neck and is great for anything from slightly crunchy to punk to grunge to hard rock on the bridge. If you play quite hard the bridge usually distorts a tiny bit with a clean tone. Personally I don't think it copes to well with full on metal though - that bridge pickup starts to go a bit mushy. So I revert to my other main electric...

Ibanez RG550 - went halves with my mum on this for my 18th birthday (sadly that was 16 years ago). Don't really use it for anything other than metal any more - the bridge humbucker is great and can cope with very, very heavy distortion without going mushy. I've got myself thinking now - I don't even remember what the other pickups sound like. When I used this guitar daily I was playing mostly metal! Anyone else got one? When I started playing more softer rock/punk I picked up a..

'77 Washburn Falcon - This is a dead cool guitar, made in Japan in the late 70s. Fixed bridge, two humbuckers, LP electronics, weighs a ton, lovely to play sounds great. I wanted something simple after the floating bridge and pick up options of the Ibanez. It's been superceeded by the telecaster now but can handle heavier distortion than the Tele. I generally keep it 'cos it's so beautiful I can't bare to part with it, for friends to play on when they come over for a glass of wine/jam (yes we drink Jam!) and for playing songs off Superunknown by Soundgarden. Whenever I pick this thing up it always seems to be tuned to CGDGBE.

I have another old Strat copy with rubbish pickups and wood, it's worthless so I keep it around. A couple of cheap basses for recording and a couple of accoustics, neither of which I particularly like. If anyone knows of a decent sounding non-electo accoustic which is nice to play and sounds half decent for under £350 I would like to hear about it. I only record accoustics with a mic - i find cheaper electro-accoustics sound rubbish plugged in.

Back