Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I Just purchased one of these.:D
JTHB6.jpg
[/IMG]

three...soon to be four:

1 Squier Strat with messed-up paint and electronics...eventually I will fix this one and custom-paint it.
1 Squier Bullet Strat - this is Mel's every day player...
1 Ibanez Artcore AF75...this one WILL be her every day player, she says, when she can actually fit it to her body a little bit better (we're both a bit wide in the middle. :D )

soon to add number 4:
New York Pro Ovation-style (composite round-back bowl)...thinner than the average Ovation. I wanted to get one a few years ago when I was wanting to learn to play, but was recommended against it by a friend of mine, an amazing guitarist who ALSO happens to be a bit wide in the middle...he says "those round backs ride up on people like us...you'll look like you're playing a dobro." :P

I was in St Louis last week and went with a friend to a music store where the owner told my friend he needed an amp, and then gave him a Fender Blues Jr. My friend stewed over this, then gave me a Samick HJ 650 (ES-5 copy) with a case.

I spent several hours setting it up (it was hanging on a wall for maybe ten years), then played it. Very cool guitar, one that I would never buy, and I'll keep it as a loaner for when people drop by without an instrument.

So I'm back up to 11.

http://s345.photobucket.com/albums/p362/lpdeluxe1/?action=view&current=SamickHJ650ts.jpg

I'm up to 22, with the addition of an Ibanez GAX70. Had it on a short lay-away, at a local music store, and now that I've got it, I'm back to collecting parts toward my partscaster Tele project. More than likely the current partscaster project will be 23 for my collection number, and unless I go for an Ibanez JTK40/400 Jet King afterward, 24 will be a "Jagcaster" partscaster Tele (Tele body, short 24" scale neck, Jaguar tremolo and pickups). I already have a set of MIJ Jaguar pickups, but those will have to wait for a bit.

Matt

1 Ibanez Artcore AF75...this one WILL be her every day player, she says, when she can actually fit it to her body a little bit better (we're both a bit wide in the middle. :D )
Get a black dress shoe shoelace, and tie the guitar strap behind the nut. That's what I did with my Artcore AG75TBS, since I'm "a tad" wide in the middle as well. :) Otherwise, I'd be trying to play the guitar upside down, using both strap buttons.

Matt

I'm up to 22, with the addition of an Ibanez GAX70. Had it on a short lay-away, at a local music store
Matt

Yeah, I have 20-or-20-something guitars,... (lost count).

I got the Ibanez GAX70, too, from well over 5 years ago. Except for a bit of preliminary strumming when it was new, it's lived it's life in a hardcase in the closet. I got the Trans Red. I think that's either "transparent" or from "Trans-Am" (car) color. I dunno.

One thing about the GAX70 is that it's a bit headstock-heavy when strapped with the nomal strap buttons. Like the post above said, I'd recommend attaching the left end of the strap to the headstock with a length of black shoestring.

I got the GAXB150 bass, too, in Trans-Red! It's a medium scale bass, but she's a beauty,... also lived most of it's life in a hardcase in the closet. Ah, so many guitars and so little time!

I used to play my favorite '82 Ibanez Blazer and Roadstar 2 guitars mostly, leaving them out on stands. Put plenty of miles on those in bands, practice and some informal gigs over the decades. Since several years ago I decided to get a Squier Bullet and play/leave that one out as my "accessible" guitar,... figuring I'd have a heart attack if any of my vintage Ibanez or fine Danelectro guitars were mishandled, scratched or damaged, but if the Bullet was dinged or scratched at $89 I'd not shed too many tears (or go apeshit nutz on my kids).

I've stopped collecting guitars, for the most part, since about 5 years ago. Not only don't I have the extra cash to pop for the occasional new guitar any more, but I have so darned many that I'd be best to put some practical use on most of them. The majority of my guitars are in like-new barely touched condition, with a few exceptions.

Guitars are great, and new toys are fun!:eek:;)

Hi, this is my first post and I couldn't have found a better thread to post it in!

Here's my little list:

2003 PRS Custom 22
2007 Fender Stratocaster Jeff Beck Sig MIA
2007 Fender Stratocaster '60 NOS Custom Shop MIA
1979 Fender Stratocaster 25th Anniversary MIA
1979 Fender Stratocaster 25th Anniversary MIA
2006 Fender Stratocaster 60th Anniversary MIA
2006 Fender Stratocaster 60th Anniversary MIA
1971 Fender Stratocaster MIA
2002 Fender Stratocaster Highway 1 MIA
2002 Fender Stratocaster Roland Ready MIM
2006 Fender FrankenStrat (w/ block inlaid fretboard) MIM
2007 Fender Telecaster American Series MIA
2003 Fender Telecaster Highway 1 MIA
2007 Fender Telecaster (Spalted Maple) MIK
2007 Fender Telecaster (Lite Ash, Natural) MIK
2002 Fender Telecaster (Metalic Green) MIM
2008 Fender Telecaster Baja (Blonde) MIM
1997 Fender Jazzmaster (3 Tone Sunburst) MIJ
2006 Fender Precision Bass MIA
2007 Gibson Les Paul Standard Gold Top
2007 Gibson ES-335 Dot
1998 Gibson Les Paul Special
2004 Gibson J-45
2003 Steinberger GLB-2S
'?? Washburn Status Series 1000 Bass
1983 Tokai CE300
Early 1970s Yamaha FG-110E
1970 Top Twenty (Tiesco)

I don't even consider myself a collector! I keep saying 'no more' but they just keep coming. It's an illness. :eek::o

Mark

I own two acoustics (Taylor 814ce & Martin D-28) and an electric (Fender Tele). I'm not sure if I could imagine owning more, but you never know. Two acoustics are nice for live stuff incase you break a string or want to do alternate tunings... and I love how versatile my tele is.

I don't even consider myself a collector! I keep saying 'no more' but they just keep coming. It's an illness. :eek::o

Mark
Welcome aboard, Mark! The "illness" you speak of is known as Guitar Acquisition Syndrome (G.A.S. for short). To paraphrase one of my favorite bumper stickers..."I don't suffer from G.A.S., I enjoy every moment of it." We've got it pretty good, though...it could be worse. There is another "illness" known as H.A.S. (Hammond Acquisition Syndrome), along with L.A.S. (Leslie Acquisition Syndrome), sometimes even if a Hammond has built-in speakers or came with a Hammond Tone Cabinet. At least we can hang our instruments on walls, if need be. :)

One of my first posts also.........here goes............

Regal Tricone Resonator
Republic steel bodied duolian
Morgan Monroe Blues 32
Republic Parlor Guitar
Samick Dreadnaught
Samick 12 string
Fender Telecaster
Fender Stratocaster
Fender Precision Bass
Epiphone Les Paul
Regal Mandolin
Unknown Old electric lap slide
Really old Regal Lap slide
Cheap Banjo
Weisenborn Lap Slide
Squier Telecaster set up as a 3 string wonder
Cheap Classical Guitar

:) I like options :)

Been through a few not on the list, but theres a reason i dont have them anymore ;)

• MIM Fender Stratocaster
  • Squier Fender Affinity Series Telecaster Special Electric Guitar (Butterscotch Blonde)
  • Washburn BT-2
  • Martin D-15 Acoustic
  • Unknown Brand Classical Acoustic
  • Ibanez GSR200 4-String Bass
  • Modded Yamaha rbx260 Bass (New hardware, defretted, and adding new PUPS)

1999 Martin D45
2005 Martin OMC-Aura
1999 Collings 0001
1998 Huss & Dalton C-MR
1969 Gibson Les Paul Deluxe Gold Top (original owner...I was a kid)
2000 Spector Bass
1972 Sigma DR-7
1972 Ovation Folklore
1998 Baby Taylor
2005 Avia (for my daughter)

Over 13...some vintage...some homebuilt...mostly a variety of things.

2 Acoustic steel strung
2 solid body electrics (Jackson custom made...Tele)
1 hollow body electric (L5)
1 12 string Acoustic (69 ovation pacemaker)
1 4 string bass (Jazz Bass)
1 5 string bass (Cort)
1 5 string acoustic bass
1 synthisiser controller (Yamaha EZ-EG)
1 Classical guitar (Alverez...over 50 yo)
1 electric dulcimer
1 lap steel

And some other stuff I buy from the musicians friend distribution center that gets returned there to turn on Craigslist.
I dont know if it counts but I have a piano...some synths...a fiddle...a digerderoo...a Hammond M3...and 2 sets of drums.

I did had 3 but added a new one since my Lead guitar was a cheepie. I bought a decent Epi Les Paul, and own an epi FD-140 accoustic and a Davison 4 string bass.

The answer is always: Way Too Many!! lol

I'm a big proponent of buying cheaper guitars and putting good parts in em. That way you aren't afraid to scratch em.

That said, I have some very nice expensive guitars that stay in the studio and unfortunately have to watch like a hawk.

I've had quite a few over the years, but here's my current stock:

Fender Strat (jap w/american pickups)
'68 Telecaster (Albert Collins Model with dual PAF's) <- the shit
PRS SC250 <- also the shit lol
PRS SE Singlecut w/ Tremonti pickup
Schecter 7 string (A-7+ I think, can't remember)
Ibanez RG570
Ibanez Artcore (for jazz, flatwound strings)
Taylor 210e

Takamine Acoustic (G series I think)
Peavey HP EXP
Peavey Impact 2
Peavey Patriot
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
Epiphone Black Beauty

The HP EXP, The Patriot, and the Oscar Schmidt are mine. The other ones are my dads, but I still use them.

uno

I could never get guitar...

Drums and keys were easy for me.

I only have one - a cheap classical my aunt left me. I've used it on recordings and it has a sweet, pure sound.

What's funny is that several good guitarists have commented on how they like playing it while the equal amount of crappy guitarists complain that it's useless.

Back