• 5-8 Variety is the spice of life.

Votes: 628 35.7%
  • 9-12 I'm a serious collector.

Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
I got:
* One classical acoustic (nylon strings), I learned to play on it. I never play it anymore, it's just collecting dust, but you'll always love your first guitar... Remember when you struggled on that A-chord, the blisters on your fingers, and the joy when someone actually recognised something you played... those were the days!

* One semi-acoustic (brand: Safari). I love the sound and it has a really narrow fretboard. I hope my fingers won't get fat!

* One electric Daewoo black/white strat-copy. And you thought they only made cars! It IS like a Korean/Japanese car: cheap, indestructible but no "feeling" or "soul" in it. If you want cheap, reliable transport take a japanese car. If you want to rock, get yourself a '69 'vette.

* Here's my vette: a handbuilt Epiphone Les Paul The Gibson is (still) way out of my league, but I really LOVE this guitar!

OK, enough about my guitars. I also own two remarkable stringed instruments wich I recently accuiered on a holiday in Turkey. They are more decorative (some sort of mandolines) though one of them (a mandoline with 10 nylon strings) has potential. I haven't got a song to go with it though...

Well, won't keep you guys occupied anymore. See ya!

I own two Gibson Les Pauls. One is a 1976 or 1977 Standard-Goldtop that I've had forever. I put one DiMarzio pickup in it in the 80's.....probably a Super Distortion. The other Paul is a 2001 Standard- vintage sunburst.

Hamer Echotone. It's what I use for leads and solos....it really sings. It's a semi-hollowbody guitar modeled after the ES-335.

Taylor 414. Grand auditorium shape. If my house was on fire, it's probably the guitar I would grab first.

Yamaha CG171. Classical/nylon string guitar with a spruce top.

Fender Jazz Bass

My guitars:

**Kramer VTS-1105 Fatboy--marine blue finish
**Schecter 006 Elite--see thru black finish (my personal favorite for rock)
**Gremlin Acoustic--natural finish
**Mark II Acoustic--natural finish
**Ibanez PF5 Acoustic--marine suburst(Coming in the mail as I write this!)
**Epiphone Les Paul Special II--white finish

Well all my guitars are pretty cheap besides the Schecter Electric($529) and the Ibanez Acoustic($189).,..soo thats all

Track Rat said:
Fifteen. Its how I dispose of my disposable income.
If you like your instruments I wouldn't consider it disposed of! :)

In order of preference:

2 Gibson Vees
1 Ibanez Vee
1 Applause acoustic/electric
1 Montaya (Korean 70's) acoustic
1 Aria bass

I think the real, and unspoken, question, here, is:

"How Sweet Is Your Whore's Pussy?".

:rolleyes:

Can't have too many!

I have a Tele, Strat, Harmony (Gibson Clone), Cheapo Bass, Three accoustics, not to mention two mandolins, a dobro, three steel guitars and a uke.

I want more.....

Dom:eek:

I was not going to post on this, but I just added two new axes, which I guess now qualifies me as a guitar slut (I'm actually a drummer/keyboard player more than a guitar player).

Gibson SG
Epiphone Dot 335
Fender Strat (Mexican)
Fender Tele (parts guitar)
Fender Jazz bass (Mexican)
Yamaha RGS
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Charvel electric/accoustic
Charvel Strat copy (soon to be sold or traded)

Come on guy's, not a dad gum Rickenbacker in the bunch. Why is that? I'd seriously like to know. I have wanted one since the days of the Beatles and now it looks like I am in the position to finally get one. Now I'm wondering, is it worth having? The biggest problem is that no store within 100 miles of me carries Rickenbacker.

I knew a guy once that had a Rick John Lennon 12 string. Beautiful axe but the string spacing was so tight I couldn't play the damn thing! Rick basses are very cool to but not in my budget at the moment.;)

Lambo said:
Come on guy's, not a dad gum Rickenbacker in the bunch. Why is that? I'd seriously like to know. I have wanted one since the days of the Beatles and now it looks like I am in the position to finally get one. Now I'm wondering, is it worth having? The biggest problem is that no store within 100 miles of me carries Rickenbacker.

At one time, I wanted a Rick 12 string. Finally, on a trip to Nashville, I found one at Grune guitars and tried it out. Boy was I disappointed. The finish on the neck felt like a really bad lacquer job and string spacing was horrible. Not to mention that the pickups were cheap and noisy. It was one of the newer models and the guy working at the guitar shop told me that if I wanted one like George Harrison or Roger McGuinn that I needed to buy one of the vintage Ricks and that ones that weren't beat to death were hard to find and expensive.

I do have a 1960s Rick bass which I think is great, but I was surprised how little I liked the 12 string.

yamaha 12-string from the early 1980's

epiphone something or other 1987

hohner (steinberg clone) 1992

fender american strat 2001

conklin groove tools 5-string bass 2001

yamaha cgx-171 classical 2001

coming soon... taylor 6-string acoustic (tax season 2002)

ausrock knows

I have some cool australian guits and some others that make me happy
1maton phil manning standard($150)
1maton alva arch top semi acoustic ($180)
1ibenez rhythm(old as the hills ,tiny, with a dobro style neck, weird,it cost $50)
1 danelectro dc59 new reissue(($190)
1 teisco pedal steel 8 string (no pedals but a good plank'o'wood advertised as hawian guitar with 4 crome extendable legs $100)
1 burns marque club series reissue (made in Korea but it has an exceptional build and sounds great looks real good too was $1200 but today only $599)
these are all the guitars I have ever owned except for the acoustics that I chain saw in half during my stage show. Oh and by the way just to boast a bit I purchased a fender rhodes 73 stage piano in perfect condition for $100,I love it as it has guitar type pick ups in it. All prices are aust so those of you in the states can cut the prices in half keep collecting

Hey Rocky,

$150 on a Phil Manning?

And how long ago did you buy the Rhodes and what condition is it in.......reason being we are trying to establish what a fair price is on them at the moment.

Long live Maton Alvers........I got mine in '63 or 64.......:D

:cool:

american strat
precision bass
p.o.s samick acoustic six string
12 string acoustic w/pickups handmade Larivee with a nice big crack in it

Since it's part of the collateral from bailing a friend out of a correctional facility I now have a Taylor 12 string to add to my first post. Strung it up today and it does have good power. Can't figure out what model it is but it's got rosewood and abalone inlay around the soundhole.

hey ausrock

I've had the phli manning for about 20 years now ,its the standard model not the stereo it has the same pick ups but is thinner as it dosn't have the hollowed out cavitys in the back .I think it is rarer than the stereo model as only 117 were made as opposed to 223 of the stereo. the fender rhodes on the other hand I got about 1 month ago for 100 bucks and its nearly perfect .The lid has a bit of the linning coming away on the inside and the top has a small cigerette burn on it but that just adds to the authenticity of it .It is a latter model I think its a 76 with the plastic arms and rubber beaters. From what I can make out I couild expect to get around 800 to 1000 for it but maybe more. yes the alver rocks and that to is is in top nick its better than the one maton has on display in the factory and it came with the original hard case.let me know if you get a solid price on what a rhodes is worth rock on and rock up

Back