Votes: 160 9.1%
  • Over 13 Maybe I should open a store.

Votes: 180 10.2%

• Total voters
64' gibson sg
80's customized charvel/jackson
65' gibson co-classical
80's customized washburn acoustic

i have 3 guitars a minature acoustic which ive just turned into a electric and redid a little bit ive had it since i was 4. A peavy raptor plus and my favorite a ibanez rg7421 7 string but im thinking of getting a new acoustic

1) Ibanez Blazer -[Strat-copy/dual humbuckers]
2) Ibanez Roadstar II -[Strat copy/Strat-style pickups]
3) Ibanez Roadstar II -[Strat copy/fancy pickups/locking tremolo]
4) Ibanez Roadstar II BASS -[dual humbuckers/active electronics]
5) Ibanez ACOUSTIC/ELECTRIC BASS
6) Mitchell MD100 Acoustic guitar -[The Guitar Center house brand]
7) Peavey T-40 BASS -[The original one/dual humbuckers]
8) Danelectro DC12 12-String Electric -[double cutaway]
9) Danelectro Innuendo -[6-string electric/Strat copy/active electronics]
10) Danelectro Innuendo 12 -[12-string electric/Strat copy/active electronics]
11) Ibanez GSR200 BASS -[P-J-style copy]
12) Hondo II 12-String Acoustic
13) Ibanez GAX70, -[6-string electric/double cutaway style]
14) [no-name] CLASSICAL 6-string -[given to me/learned my first chords on]
15) [oddball] 6-string LAP STEEL guitar -[a throw-in with a tape deck deal]

============
Yikes! That's a lot!
============

Two more comments:

1- Krystof's right, 'cause we can never play more than one guitar at a time, so the joke's on me,... and

2- I need a bigger house!

I have enough guitars and in particular about 5 that would make you all pee green. =)

Fangar

2 strats

a mexican made white one with a maple fretboard
and a 1966 model strat with a rosewood fretboard

guitars I HAVE owned....not enough space to list

i bought the '66 strat in 1976...when i was 16 years old....i've never played a strat that playes and sounds as good.

Fangar said:
I have enough guitars and in particular about 5 that would make you all pee green. =)

Fangar
Hmmm, a guitar pissing contest, eh? I'll bite, show me your cards.... I've got a few "tricks" up my sleeve myself!

Bruce

I knew you would Bruce. =). I don't want to piss though. I have been blessed by my father who used to own a Music Store in Los Angeles before I was born. Here are a few:

All circa de 60

Martin D-28

Martin D-35

Martin 0018

Martin 0021
Gibson "F" hole Mandolin (Can't remember the model)

Martin Mandolin (x2) aunt had one too.

Early 60's Martin Semi Hollow Body Elect. With original Bigsby Trem

4 string banjo, Gibson...wish it was a five.

My favorite Guitar (My father was a luthier) is a Gibson J-200 copy that he made: Brazilian Rosewood sides and Back, Spruce top. Sounds like a piano.

There's more. I bet you all have some nice ones too. I am proud of those. I have a big ass closet.

--------

New stuff:

Ibanez Rg520SQ (Mahog body / Sapelle Top)
Ibanez SR1020SQ (Mahog Body / Sapelle Top, Bubinga Neck)
Sigma SDR-41
Goya Classical

Fangar

Some guys have all the luck!

Very nice collection, Fangar.... a heap'o Martins -- gotta love that!!

Current faves in my collection are:

Godin LGX
Parker Fly Classic
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Fender 12-string acoustic
Ovation Adamas Balladeer acoustic

Bruce

Didn't Hixmix recently post 'My guitars are better than yours, and I've got more of 'em?'

????

foo

Thanks Bear. You are right. My dad knew how to pick em. I bet that Godin is nice. I played one once. It was marvelous. I enjoy when people take very good care of any guitar that they own. Even if it is 200 dollar job. When I worked in a music store when I was in college, I used to see old Les Pauls come in with new paint jobs. I even saw a newer, but nice, LP Standard that some knucklehead had routed for a Floyd. It was so farkled up! I think I told the sory once on here how I borrowed a bass to record and it was covered with lether-ette. It stained my pants when I used it. =)

Fangar

I've had more than a few guitars/misc instruments over the years, here is what I have now

1. Fender Deluxe Strat (My Favorite)
2. Circa 1980 Fender Squier Strat (USA made, not like the ones now)
3. Fernandez strat copy (80's w SD stacked bucker in the bridge)
4. Peavey Vendenberg: 1989 This guitar rocks
5. Peavey Reactor Tele copy: cheap, but nice US made
6. Kay LP copy: late 1950's plays like dung
7. Fender 12 string acoustic
8. Fender acoustic
9. Dean exotica acoustic electric
10. Ovation balladeer
11. Ibanex ATK bass
12. Fender electric mandolin
13. Alvarez acoustic mandolin
14. Silvertone lap steel: late 1950's
15. pedal steel: foget the brand, 9 string 3 pedal
16. Banjo 5 string: forget the brand, it's in storage

I want a Les Paul custom and a 335, then I'll be happy...yeah right!

P

3 Acousstics
5 electric! (2 I have borrowed and never give back tho so dunno if I will have them forvere probably or maybe not ;))

One piece of advice never give away a guitar or sell a guitar as u may regret it in the future! I have done it been there and get the t-shirt!

Blue Bear-

I don't remember you fessing up to being a Parker fan/owner before this!:) Parkers are my favorite, and the ones that hurt the most to sell off. I WILL get replacements for those...

H2H

I have 3 Mexi Strats....

1. My Metallic Blue one, that is for travel and everything else... Been everywhere, been on all my recordings....If I was broke and lost my house and couldn't eat.. I would still not ever sell it...

2. Wine coloured one just for recording.. I always try to keep fresh strings and set up up to date.... It just hangs on the wall...Waiting to be played...

3. "Sunset BLVD Strat". I bought this on my recent Trip to West Hollywood, It has never been plugged in... Just bought it as a keepsake.... Black body with Antiqued Pearloid Pickguard and Black knobs and Pickups...And Yeah it's actually called a "Sunset BLVD Stratocaster"... Limited edition from Sam Ash...

I love my Mexi's.....

Oh, and I have a no name acoustic... I think it's called a Nevada or something..... Sounds good for $125

Casio MG610 Midi guitar (guitar made by Ibanez, electronics by casio, both suck)
Yamaha G10C/G10 midi guitar system
Carvin something or other neck-through body in god-awful teal with GK-2A pickup. Plays nice, gives me a headache looking at the color. Never order a guitar while drinking.
double steinberger style headless neck guitar
Fender Prophecy II Bass

frederic said:
Casio MG610 Midi guitar (guitar made by Ibanez, electronics by casio, both suck)

My Friend has one and he is a really good guitar player and loves it.... Says there are way better guitars out there, but the Casio feels good (his words...)

Maybe after so long, his fingers are just used to it...

Hard2Hear said:
Blue Bear-

I don't remember you fessing up to being a Parker fan/owner before this!:) Parkers are my favorite, and the ones that hurt the most to sell off. I WILL get replacements for those...

H2H
I just got one last week in a trade....

The Fly Classic... very nice instrument... completely playable and the tone is phenomenal!

Bruce

- custom (local luthiere Ron Lyra) built 4 string bass
- home made fretless 4 string
- Washburn Acoustic Bass
- 68 Fender Telecaster natural blonde maple neck/board ala Bruce Springsteen
- Takamine Acoustic

No digital Camera...I wnated to post my hand built but I will have to barrow a camera.

Will Davis,

Can I be in your will? I am just sure you don't need two fretless Wawicks and two Tobias.:D Nice taste beautofull wood. I am sure some of those basses get mighty lonely

(Sigh).

I have only two now. One is the first "real" guitar I ever owned, and I will probably be dismembered and buried in its case when my time comes. '59 Gibson LG2 sunburst with a honking set of Grovers up top. Presently suffering from thirty years of dry winters - a big Gibson crack from the bridge to the fingerboard. Oh well.

The other is my main guitar - an '80s- something Taylor 815C, with the old Florentine cutaway and the ebony moustache bridge. Sweet sucker, that. I put in a dual source b-band / Core 99 system, so it has a condenser mic on a gooseneck inside and an undersaddle transducer with a preamp, all Class A electronics, and a dual signal output jack. Works for me...

But I've bought and sold a few - an early '60s Telecaster with a Fender Bigsby tailpice, a '69 Manuel Contreres rosewood classical, an old S. Yairi dreadnaught (I bought this at a pawn shop and found the case hopping with fleas when I got home), and there was that old Gibson jazzbox that turned out to be an embarassment - only one f-hole; the other was this big hole the size of a quarter hiding under an oversize pickguard; real buzzy surface mounted pickup and a plywood top... not destined to be a vintage unit.

Back