Thread: How to get the best amplifies acoustic sound????

Thanks

Wink

Sign in to disable this ad
    OK folks...a little question for yiz.My-self and another guy are both on vocals and playing acoustic guitars (Guild dce1,Taylor 314ce)...through an INKEL 200 watt 8 channel stereo powered mixer.We are plugging the guitars straight through the 1/4 inch i/p's on the PA but the sound isn't that true acoustic sound that i've been searching for.The thing is I'm not sure how to optimise the sound of the vocals and the guitars.
    1)How should I set the level,trim and eq settings for vocals + guitars on the mixer.
    2)What is the best parametric eq configuration to use?
    3)should we be using compression?

Thanx all info welcome!

Tommy

Thanks

Wink

Going direct is not going to give you boys the best sound you can have. You want to condition the sound befor it hits the system. Best bet is to get an acoustic pre-amp or better yet mic an amplifier.

Thanks

Thumbs up

I use a Dean Markley acoustic pick-up in the soundhole going into one channel, and then I also mic the acoustic guitar with my AKG C3000 condenser into another channel.
    Then, after recording the part, I pan each channel in opposite directions and EQ the pick-up channel with minimal low end and crispy high's.
    Then I EQ the mic'ed channel with more low end and much less on the high's.
    Add a touch of reverb, and the results are astounding. It's as good or better than Nuno's sound in "More Than Words."
    Simple perfection.

Thread Information