Hold on to that guitar, man!

spantini

COO of me, inc.
Do you hold your guitar this way? Hold your bass that way..?

I can't play with my arm parallel to the strings like that - guitar, and especially bass.

gerry.jpg

John Lennon style? I’ve played it that way before. It wasn’t so bad. In fact, I have to with my classical because I still haven’t gotten around to buying a suction cup strap for it.

I don't because I can't move my arm up and down fast enough for my strumming style. Also, as a RH player, I cant sit with the waist on my left thigh. It takes all the tension out of my body, and I need that to spaz out sometimes.

I can't play "Jimmy Page" style, with that low slug LP. I don't quite go as high as the guys in Freddie and the Dreamers, but I do like it a touch on the high side, say mid belly. That's probably why NONE of my guitars has buckle rash. (It has nothing to do with the spare tire that is just above the belt buckle!)

I like it just about this high......
PSP2015.jpg

I've incorporated chick'n Pick'n in my years of playing and ive never been able to get it quite right with my guitar that high up. Great for strumming a dancing though, doesn't get in the way of my leg kicks and shuffles.

Back