Help on Possible Setup

I think that depends on what kind of music you are interested in playing and then what kind of recordign gear you have. The Joe Satch model is one cool guitar, but it isn't the most versetile thing in the world. It is built for stage, and that is a good thing, the inverted input jack is cool. I know that guitar works great for fast shredding and tipped out fussion, but what about blues, country?

The Fender Stage series I am not too familiar with, I just hope it has a good clean channel. RP2000, pretty cool little unit, but I would buy a POD.

MIKE

SK8,

I used to have a fender stage lead, which is the old name for the 160 (i think). It was a pretty nice amp. it was punchy, if a bit brittle. I traded it on an 84 deluxe reverb II, which i love. And a friend got the hotrod Deville 4/10 and its killer! the 160 is solid state and i wanted a tube amp. The extra wattage of the 160 really isn't that big a deal for either recording or live. If your playing a small room, a smaller amp will hold its own. If your miking through the PA, the amp really only functions as a stage moniter, so mega-wattage is really not an issue. I love Fender guitars and amps, in general, so read in my opinion of ibanez, but check out the the fender tube amps too.-lzb

Back