Help me identify these pickups

Easto

I just bought a used '95 G&L Legacy. I bought it understanding that I didn't care what pickups were in it since I would be replacing the electronics with some Kinman pickups and wiring harness.

My problem is trying to identify the pickups and wiring harness that I removed. The pickup magnets seem to have a very "original, one of a kind" stagger that I have not seen before. I'm hoping the magnet stagger may give you enough of a clue to determine the brand (you can see from the pics that the pup covers were not the correct size for these pups). The neck and bridge pickup have beige and black leads while the middle pickup has yellow and black leads. The leads are cloth and appear to be waxed. The bobbins have no markings on them at all. The other thing is that the wiring does not look like a "hack" job. It's neat and the lead are taped in order to keep them together. They have nondiscript black bobbins

I did post the pics at the G&L forum and have been told they are not original or... that they may be Seymor Duncans which G&L outsourced for some of there guitars back then.

Pickup Pics

Let me know if some more pics might help. I do have the complete harness out of the guitar and can either post or email them to you.

Thanks,
Easto

I think we have a winner! I was dropping off one of my guitars at Soest Guitar and Steve took a look at them (including the complete wiring harness) and said that they were most likely Fender '57 or '62 (or one of those years!) RI pickups and appeared to be some of the earlier reissues rather than the ones on the newer guitars.

I guess this is also a plug for Steve's business which I don't mind dropping since he is a fantastic tech and all around great guy to deal with.

Back