Help me find a guitar...

PannyDeters

I'm gonna get the Gibson Les Paul SL.

I found it for $499

Anyone find it cheaper?

Anyone find it in colors other than cinnemon, natural or black?

(Green and blue (or concord) are what I'd like).

Any reason I shouldn't buy this guitar?

Thanks.

Great price...
I'd go for it, if that's the guitar you REALLY love.
The only downfall is that the hardware and electronics aren't as good as the Classic or Custom. You get what you pay for.
I haven't seen it available in any other colors.
Have you checked out an Ibanez S470?
For six hundred bucks, this guitar is really sweet. Great tones and it plays real nice. There's a slightly cheaper version... the SA160, for under four hundred, which is also a nice guitar for the money.

Remember that when you are buying a gibson, you're paying quite a bit for the name!!! Ibanez makes some of the best instruments for the money(in my opinion) andif you spend $500 for an Ibanez, you'll get a lot more for the $ than that $500 you spend on the gibson.

I agree, BD... that's why I suggested the Ibanez models.
Notice that I said to go for it if he "REALLY loved" that one guitar.
Your assessment is correct. Ibanez makes a much better guitar for the money. But it sounds like he's made up his mind to get that Les Paul, unless he heeds the advice about the cheaper hardware and electronics of that base model.
Like I said in my previous post... "you get what you pay for"... and the better Gibson Les Pauls (Standard, Custom, and Classic) cost over 2 grand each.
The Epiphone L/P Custom Flametop is a better deal for the money (in the same price range)... better tone, better wood (mahogany body and neck), and better looks (cream trim). It just doesn't have the Gibson name on it..... so what.

I fell in love with a fender stratocaster, a Korean made squire.
found it in a local guitar shop. picked it up and started playin and, the search for the holy GRAIL was over.Ive made a few changes to it, fret job,fixed bridge and a set of RIO GRANDE single coil pickups.Now it sounds as good as it plays.

BUCK62 your dead right. if you really love that one guitar, go for it.Ive played fenders gibsons,rickenbackers ect. spent some big bucks on them too.
I learned over the years never to overlook less expensive models or brand names.

I found mine, hope you find yours!!!!!

jimimac

Back