Help making AB switch with remote pedal

edgestrat

Hi everyone,

I am wanting to make an A/B switch that I can trigger with a latching footswitch. This may sound a little odd, but I want to A/B the signal from my rack and would prefer to have a single cord going from my rack to my pedal board rather than a bunch. I am hoping that I can just modify the dual LED pedal found here. Would I be able to simply replace the 3pdt switch with a 1/4" jack?
Just so you know, I have successfully built an A/B/Y pedal in the past (it wasn't as nice looking as I would like but it worked) but I am still a beginner. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan

Can you give a little more clarification. Maybe it is the way that you worded it but I am not following what you are trying to do at all.

I am wanting to make an A/B switch that I can trigger with a latching footswitch

This doesn't seem that out of the ordinary. I can't think of many A/B applications that would require a Momentary switch?

I want to A/B the signal from my rack and would prefer to have a single cord going from my rack to my pedal board rather than a bunch

When you say rack....are we talking a rack full of gear, a single rack unit, what signal are we talking about? What exactly are you A/B 'ing?

I have 3 rack units, a Korg A3, a Korg SDD 2000, and a Digitech 2101. The two Korg units I can remote bypass with a footswitch but the 2101 can only be bypassed using their Control One pedal. I am using a Behringer FCB 1010 which is much better for my setup than the Control One so my only option is to split the signal from the SDD 2000 into the 2101 and also into an A/B. The 2101 output will then go into the A/B as well and the A/B will go directly into my amp. Now, I could use an A/B pedal and have it on my pedal board but then I would have three cords running back and forth. So what I want to do is have an A/B unit that will sit on my rack that I can just plug a footswitch into so I only have the one cord going to my pedal board. I hope this makes sense.
Basically I am looking to make an A/B pedal with a footswitch jack instead of a stomp switch or (now that I think about it) a pedal with both.

Dan

So you want a footswitch for your footswitch? I'm not speaking with any experince but i don't see why you can't take the stomp button out of the A/B switch,cut the 1/4 jack off of a standard footswitch,and solder the matching wires.The wires should be the same i would think,all your doing is making the wires to the stomp button a lot longer.

I have 3 rack units, a Korg A3, a Korg SDD 2000, and a Digitech 2101. The two Korg units I can remote bypass with a footswitch but the 2101 can only be bypassed using their Control One pedal. I am using a Behringer FCB 1010 which is much better for my setup

If you can bypass the unit using the control one then you should be able to do it with the Behringer controller. You can assign midi controllers to practically every parameter in the 2101.

Ok so you basically want to extend the stomp switch to your board but have the actual connections back at the rack? I just woke up and the brain isn't fully turned on yet but you should be able to swap the DPDT stomp switch in the A/B box for a TRS stereo 1/4" jack. Use a TRS single guitar cable to connect to a 2nd box on your board that has a single 1/4" stereo jack and a DPDT switch. All your really doing is extending the switch to your pedal board. If you want to use less parts...you could hardwire the pedal board side and skip one 1/4" stereo jack. Make any sense? or am I still not getting what you are after?

Back