Help identifying this bass

ElQueso

A real Gretsch, a knockoff, a gem, a turd? Looks ugly, but I have a chance to get it cheap - I can't find anything out about this one.

Attachments

• Bass Guitar.jpg
    Bass Guitar.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 70
Don't know, but my guess would be that somebody took a Gretsch neck and put it on a homemade body. I wouldn't want it as my only bass, but I think it's kind of cool, or interesting at least.

Fuck, that's ugly.

Looks like a high-school play prop.

I wouldn't even hang that thing on my wall.

Did I say that thing is ugly? :D

I just think it needs a more creative paint job. This is one of those things that you pull out on a Halloween gig, or if it were painted like an eagle, a 4th of July gig.

I just think it needs a more creative paint job. This is one of those things that you pull out on a Halloween gig, or if it were painted like an eagle, a 4th of July gig.

Why risk the ridicule and embarrassment?

Did I mention that that thing is ugly? :D

That looks so far outside anything I've seen from Gretsch that I think somebody pulled the old flea market trick of cutting the logo out of a magazine and gluing it to the headstock (don't laugh, I've seen more than a few bolt neck LP copies get the "Gibson" treatment).

And it's fugly.

I've officially passed.

I was willing to forgive fugly if it sounded amazing, but if its just some dimestore crap with a Gretsch logo, I'm not even checking the sound. I did tell the guy that fugly was the word most commonly used to describe the bass when I asked about it.
If I'd have bought this bass, it'd have to be a "studio secret" because I wouldn't be caught dead on stage with it.

Back