Help Identifying this acoustic guitar

Bill L

Massivdonian
Anyone have any idea what kind of guitar this is? A buddy of mine was loaded and got talked into paying $100 for this (I think he got ripped off, and so does he btw). I told him to buy a set of strings and leave it around the house for when the grand kids come over and they can play it. But I was curious as to what it is. I've looked all over and can't find anything like it but I don't know what I'm looking for. The only info on the guitar is a stamp on the back of the neck, "K4" and some worn off lettering on the headstock (in script a K, something that could be an I or an A (or something else?), N and G or something like that). It's also stamped "Made In U.S.A." in black ink. No labels or stickers anywhere. Any ideas would be appreciated.20160328_112854.jpg20160328_112908.jpg20160328_112813.jpg20160328_112829.jpg20160328_112841.jpg

Sorry that I'm really no help identifying the guitar Bill, but FWIW, that looks almost identical to the first guitar I ever had. Mom & Dad bought it for me in about '80-'81 for about $40. The only difference is the inlays on the fretboard, mine only has dots...

Again, sorry I'm not any help, but it just kinda shocked me because it's almost identical looking...

Thanks for taking the time, minerman. In my search, I did find some with dot "inlays" (they're actually painted on the fretboard) but nothing with a design like that.

This will teach him to buy shit when he's that drunk. The guy that sold it said it was from 1942. Possible but unlikely. Looks more like a late 50's early 60's department store guitar. And my favorite part of the story is the guy was trying to convince my buddy that the case was made of alligator skin :laughings: . It's cardboard and naugahide and cheap as shit :laughings:

Next time I'm up at my Mom's (which should be in the next couple days), I'll get a pic or two of my old guitar...I know mine isn't worth shit, but it's got sentimental value that couldn't be bought for any amount of $$$...

Back