Thread: Happy happy joy joy

Thanks

Happy happy joy joy

Sign in to disable this ad
    I just bought a new 12 string acoustic with my tax refund. Didn't even have to argue with my wife! Weird!

Most of the guitars I looked at in the sub $500 range sounded like crap. Real thin and tinny. Then I found a Seagull. Nice, full rich tone. $485 without case.

It kinda bugged me though that they put all those guitars on display with crappy strings, and not even set up. How areyou supposed to know how it will sound when you can't even play it cause the action is so hi and you can't even get it to tune up?

Anyway, it was the nicest one I found locally, and I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

I think we're gonna be going shopping for diamond ear rings today.

Twist

Thanks
    Strap on your Happy Helmet. A friend of mine has a Seagull 12 string. Very nice stick o' wood. Very playable and records nicely.

Thanks
    Good purchase gear slut.
    I hope the ear rings fit too!
    dtb

Thanks

Re: Happy happy joy joy

Originally posted by twist
    I just bought a new 12 string acoustic with my tax refund. Didn't even have to argue with my wife! Weird!

Most of the guitars I looked at in the sub $500 range sounded like crap. Real thin and tinny. Then I found a Seagull. Nice, full rich tone. $485 without case.

It kinda bugged me though that they put all those guitars on display with crappy strings, and not even set up. How areyou supposed to know how it will sound when you can't even play it cause the action is so hi and you can't even get it to tune up?

Anyway, it was the nicest one I found locally, and I had the money burning a hole in my pocket.

I think we're gonna be going shopping for diamond ear rings today.

Twist

Heck ya! Seagull is one of the best guitars you can get in that price range.

Thanks
    Hey Twist, what's up?

Long time no hear - oh, that's right, y'all are up to yer asses in snow up there in Cheesehead land.

Meanwhile it was a sunny 76 in San Diego today - but I know, you love the change of seasons!

foo

Thanks
    Ha! Winter has been so wimpy this year, even a Californian could handle it! High of 62 yesterday! That's just not right.

Anyway, back to guitars. I like this new guitar, but man this thing is a bitch to tune! Intonation? Forget about it. Fortunately, the 12 string "sound" pretty much covers it up.

I've got blisters on my fingers!

Twist

Thread Information