Happy Alt Guitar tunings for Acoustic Guitar, anyone have any Happy favorites?

Shinobi

Greetings!
I'm trying to get back into writing some happy new songs. I always play in e standard tuning but I have been trying to use some Alt Tunings to "discover" some new happy chord's. I see a lot of alt tunnings, but I think they might be more geared for Electric guitar.
Can anyone share there happy favorites with me. Yes, I like the word "happy".
Thank You,
Happy Shinobi

...they're all happy unless you play them sad...
DADF#AD
DGDGBD
CGCGCE
DGDGBE
CACGCE
CGCGAE
EBEGBE
CGDGBE
EGDGED
EG#EG#EG#
EEEEEE
EEBBBB
EEBEG#B
GGDDEflatEflat
F#F#GGAA
F#F#F#F#EB
ACCGG#C
GGDDGG
EBEEAB
BADGBE
CGCGGE
DGDGBC
EBEEBE
FACFAC
DDAAEE
DADACD
CFCFAF
AND ON AND ON AND ON....

I've been in DADGAD for a while, too. Really good for Celtic sounding things, plus a whole bunch more.

I also like CGCGCE - Joni Mitchell used it on Blue (which is not the happiest, but it sounds great on 'Carrie')

foo

I'm afraid to play around with open tunings too much. They can be so much fun it spoils you. Then you get tired of retuning and need a different guitar for every tuning and its a whole new nightmare.

Check out some tabs for the Goo Goo Dolls. He uses some open tunings that are pretty, uh, happy.

Thanks for all the Happy info.

Thanks everyone for all the happy help. I'm trying out DADGAD first. I don't think I'll switch to another alt. tuning intill I can remember this one. Its tricky not knowing where differn't chords are from the "standard E tuning, but thats the fun of learning!
Thanks again,
"Happy" Shinobi

Try EEEEBE ala Suite Judy Blue Eye's. This was in a recent issue of one of the guitar mags. I played with it a while. Pretty cool. Also a very Happy sounding song.

P

Not a hard tuning but I like the sound that you get out of Eb,Ab,Db,Gb,Bb,Eb.

Like the Beatles "Im Only Sleeping" is in this tuning.

I use a Capo alot (especially on the 3rd fret) all the time so thats like an alternate tuning.

Speaking of Alt. tunings, does anyone know how Steve Miller tuned for "Come on into My Kitchen"? I asked once before, but got no replies. Anybody remember that song?

Twist

Back