Guitar whistle (w/ audio)

rfpd

Both my guitars whistle and it's extremely annoying, both are cheap sure (acoustic and eletric), however it's an issue that started some days ago. I never heard this weird whistle, it's not the room since I moved outside and it's still there, it's not the amp since I moved it outside. Acoustic is recorded using mic and eletric guitar through midi, it's not interference. The guitars just make that noise on their own, both were adapted for left handed playing, still, the guitar had some buzzes, but I don't remember anything this harsh.

The only thing I might think of is changing the strings, because I haven't in a while, but is it really from it? I mean I only change them when the guitar gets out of tone.

Vocaroo | Online voice recorder

( play from 29 seconds)

Not sure what I'm supposed to be hearing, but there's only electric guitar after 30sec of what I assume is supposed to be silence, or is that where I should be hearing whistling? No acoustic guitar that I can hear.

Your hearing could be better than mine (well, it would be a shame if it's worse!), but you'll have to be more specific about the sound and specifically where it's present in recording. I'd suggest recording with something other than a web service (e.g., a decent mic and audio interface or digital recorder), since this is *home recording* and either attach a high quality MP3 or post a link to a non-lossy WAV/AIFF/FLAC file.

Listening instructions that warn about long, introductory silent stretches would be nice, and maybe protect the hearing of the rest of anyone trying to help...

Back