Guitar tuning and temperament.

Sadly yes I do I have both.:o I mentioned earlier that it wasn't a guitar but a fretted viola da gamba. I'll have to scan the pics as this was before the world went digital. Likewise the soundclips I have are pretty raw and on minidisc so I'll have to rip them. I'll do my best to get round to it.

Well yes and no. You can take steps to tune a little better right across the fingerboard. Just tuning the open strings still leaves a lot of stuff to the mechanics of the strings under tension and nut hight action saddle height etc. Miroslav's post #42 is pretty much how I see it and I will still tune by ear depending on the instrument setup. It all depends what I'm trying to do at the time. Live, recording, just fiddling. I'll possibly approach all three differently.

I was just playing around with VP to try and get him to understand that much of what he states is either nonsense or bleedin' obvious. He has trouble distinguishing between the two most of the time. Like the way I have just got him to realise that his initial post in this thread was telling people he can do sums and use a tuner.

Please do not think or speak for me.
VP

Here you go again with your flurry of assumptions and attacks. You seem to twist everything around to suit your own agenda. You didnt answer my question to you at post #49. My excersize is fairly simple and straight foward. Can you follow something so simple or do you purposely make everything seem complicated to boost your ego?
VP

That's, because I have had a day and a half playing with you and I've had enough now. Your exercise is so simple that Pythagoras had it nailed a couple of thousand years ago.

The problem here is that you cannot resist jumping in with utter drivel at the earliest opportunity, often way off topic using terms of reference you just don't understand. I have just enjoyed pointing it out once again as I promised you I would..

Are we still pointing out each others typos because there a a few creeping into your posts again?

Have a nice day

That's, because I have had a day and a half playing with you and I've had enough now. Your exercise is so simple that Pythagoras had it nailed a couple of thousand years ago.

The problem here is that you cannot resist jumping in with utter drivel at the earliest opportunity, often way off topic using terms of reference you just don't understand. I have just enjoyed pointing it out once again as I promised you I would..

Are we still pointing out each others typos because there a a few creeping into your posts again?

Have a nice day

I dont really have much experience typing, I think I am doing a pretty good job. You are the one who constantly tries to correct everyone, you nitpick. I am proud of my math skills, and you dont intimidate me in any way, It is too bad, I suppose there is something I could learn from you if you werent such a stubborn know-it-all and a baby. I think you really do have no idea about what my excercise represents, dont be afraid, go back and read it carefully, you might learn something.
You have a nice day too.
VIP:D

I dont really have much experience typing, I think I am doing a pretty good job. You are the one who constantly tries to correct everyone, you nitpick. I am proud of my math skills, and you dont intimidate me in any way, It is too bad, I suppose there is something I could learn from you if you werent such a stubborn know-it-all and a baby. I think you really do have no idea about what my excercise represents, dont be afraid, go back and read it carefully, you might learn something.
You have a nice day too.
VIP:D

Purlleez.:rolleyes:

Back