Guitar Processors

Stealthtech

LOGIC ABUSER
Im currently using a Korg Toneworks and just somewhat unsatisfied. Im gonna start searching for a different model. I read a thread a few minutes ago about the Johnson J-Station...are these units pretty descent ?
I need a list of about the top 5 processors that you guys really like to start me off.
My music is primarily metal and hard rock, so I guess the ones that simulate this genre of music the best.
If there is a detailed thread already on this topic, just point me there.

Thanks Dudes

I'm very fond of my J-Station. For the price, you can't beat it and I don't think any of the more expensive units are any better.

I just previewed some of the midi sysex downloads from j-station users at the website. Pretty cool you can download presets from other users and I certainly like the idea of spdif connects.
And $149 is easy on the wallet.
Now, Im assuming this is like other proccesors where you can get your sounds DI without the use of an external amp correct ?

Me too: I am addicted to the J-station. It also has teh wonderful benefit of having bass amp emulation too, which is great for home recording and/or the multi-instrumentalist.

Be sure to use the J-edit software feature , which allows you to hook your J up to the computer via MIDI and you have lots of deep-edit control .

A good foot controller is also a good idea. The actual Johnson footswitches are pricey, but they are easily programmed. I use a Behringer FCB1010 MIDI footswitch (10 buttons, two expression pedals), which took a while to learn how to set it up, but once I did, the flexibility of control it gives me over the J is amazing. Plus it is way cheaper than the Johnson pedals, and rock solid too, made of metal.

64Firebird said:
Here's a link to another J-Station web site. They have some more patches you can download and try out.

Click here.

Thanks Firebird, this is too cool:D

Quick question though....what is the easiest procedure for importing patches to a user preset. The manual doesn't go into great details and Im not real patient with manuals. I stored a pile of patches in my documents and when d-clicked it opens the j-station editor with the user interface. Im assuming I save this and name it as I wish.

Last edited:
Stealthtech said:
Thanks Firebird, this is too cool:D

Quick question though....what is the easiest procedure for importing patches to a user preset. The manual doesn't go into great details and Im not real patient with manuals. I stored a pile of patches in my documents and when d-clicked it opens the j-station editor with the user interface. Im assuming I save this and name it as I wish.

Yes, that's the way it works. Just click File/Store preset to bank and give it a name. Then you can bring it up on your J-Station even if you're not hooked up to your computer.

Back