Guitar to MIDI/Racks/converters

GamezBond

What's up everyone, I just got SampleTank and Spectrasonic Trilogy, which all feature a number of guitars and basses, but theres a few problems...I cant play keyboards for sh!t :( , and 2. It takes me a long time to program the midi(shifting note positions,turning pitch up a few cents, changing velocity) so it actually sounds similar to a real guitar.I recently saw a rack called the "Terratec Axon AX-100" which sells for 750$, and was wondering if it could make an accurate midi transfer/conversion, so I could use it to make songs without having to sit at the computer and program the midi(I actually have to do this for every element in my songs, such as synth sounds,since I can't play keyboard,so I would be using the guitar/bass and midi rack to play everything in a song).

That is one of the better systems. It does require a special pickup, which is usually sold seperately. Fender, Ibanez, and Brian Moore used to make guitars with the pickup built-in, but I'm not sure if they still do.

I'm not sure about recording the MIDI signal, though. I imagine it can be done.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about recording the MIDI signal, though. I imagine it can be done.

???

Of course it can be done.

Recording the MIDI signal is the easy part -- what's hard is detecting the pitch of the note accurately enough.

Back