Guitar Amp Question

Stealthtech

LOGIC ABUSER
Once again, trying to get some info for a client. I do not own a guitar amp and not sure about the following.
This is a copy of an email sent to me in regards to using a guitar amps output to go straight to a mixer without using a mic.

Quote:
As for my guitar amp it does not have any outputs on the front, but has the following 1/4" jacks on the back for: DI/Line, Effects Loop (Send & Return), Remote ( Tip - Drive, Ring - Reverb, Channel, and Rocker Switch for dual channel or single channel). I do not know what they are all for or how to use them. Are they considered inputs or outputs? I bought the amp second hand and do not have a manual.

The only other 1/4" jacks I have is on my Peavey XR-400 PA Mixing Amp which has the following: on the bottom right of the amp: FT. SW, Aux. In, Eff. Out, Mon. Out, Main Out and Graphic In. And since I bought this second hand I do not have a manual for it.

DI/Line: Direct Input/Line Out. You can run the signal straight from the amp to the mixer with this. You have to run a cable from the Line Out to one of the inputs on the mixer. If the mixer doesn't have 1/4' inputs, then you'll need an adapter.

Effects Loop (Send): Goes the start of your effects signal chain
Effects Loop (Return): Comes from the end of your effects signal chain.

Remote: For footswitch

That's about all I can tell ya.

Back