Gots me another bass

I like it. I switched to flatwound on my cheap-o bass just so I'd stop making little skweesky sounds. Your new bass looks a lot more badasser than my cheap-o.

That's a nice lookin' bass. 1 question tho, is their much of a sound diffrence in the longer neck V'S regular length. As you can guess I don't play a stringed instrument.

I like it. I switched to flatwound on my cheap-o bass just so I'd stop making little skweesky sounds. Your new bass looks a lot more badasser than my cheap-o.

:laughings:
That's why I started using flatwounds too except I didn't want to go thru the torment of actually lifting my fingers all the way off the strings every time. :p
'Sides, I like the sound of em.
Badasser......heh heh...:D

That's a nice lookin' bass. 1 question tho, is their much of a sound diffrence in the longer neck V'S regular length. As you can guess I don't play a stringed instrument.

Good question...and I dunno. :)
I can't hear a difference. When I first played it, I thought the fretboard felt different but just chalked it up to being used to my guitar again. Not really sure what the purpose of the longer neck is tbh.
long stick go boom. ;)

wow, looks great and nice , i love it very much .

Tanx man. ;)
Here...it's yours. :D

It makes a bigger difference at lower tunings, but generally extended scales give you higher tension and a more bell-like attack and piano-like clarity at a given tuning and string gauge. On higher-tuned notes this can be undesirable (27" guitars can sound a bit sharp and biting in the higher registers, which may or may not work for you), but on the low end it is a bit clearer.

It makes a bigger difference at lower tunings, but generally extended scales give you higher tension and a more bell-like attack and piano-like clarity at a given tuning and string gauge. On higher-tuned notes this can be undesirable (27" guitars can sound a bit sharp and biting in the higher registers, which may or may not work for you), but on the low end it is a bit clearer.

You da man. ;)

Thanks for the post. I was asking my bass player about this today and he told me the same thing. Cool stuff.

Back