Godin QIT pick up or B-band Crescent 11 pick up. Which one should I get?

TMSongwriter

I have a Art & Lutherie A & L Cedar Acoustic guitar that I love but it does not have a pick up. I don't know that much about picks ups so I'm asking opinions. The Godin QIT or the Godin B-band Crescent 11. The reason I picked these two is that I could get a very good price on these, they came out of new guitars that were damaged in delivery.

I want it primarily for recording, I don't use a pick, I strum with my fingers. Not classical, songwriter type songs.

Would appreciate all opinions. I included a link for comparison.

LaPatrie Electronics

Do you plan on cutting a hole in your guitar for the controls or would you rather use a sound hole pickup ? I own a Godin LaPatrie with a Fantastic pickup but I don't think I would cut a hole in a nice guitar to mount one.

The guitar I have is a 1999 Art & Lutherie solid cedar top, wild cherry back and sides. Not in the best cosmetic condition but it's the guitar I love to play. I recently purchased a new Martin DC13E paid $1200.00 but don't really care for it. I've struggled with just buying another Art & Lutherie with the QIT pick up already installed, but I've also learned the hard way that you could have two exactl guitar models and they play differently.

So to answer your question, yes, I do plan on cutting into the guitar for the controls. It's funny you mention the La Patrie, I'm also looking for a La Patrie concert or collection with the QIT. Which model do you have? And to my original questions QIT or B-Band? Thanks!

Back