Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Gibson Les Paul to get tomorrow?

Thanks

Which Gibson Les Paul to get tomorrow?

Sign in to disable this ad
    OK- I was at GC today and played an Epiphone LesPaul Gold. Loved it! One thing I miss is the unreacheable high frets and the lack of a tremolo arm, Anyway the sales guy told me that considering the special Labor day sales tomorrow, he would be willing to give me a $500 discount off of an original Gibson Les Paul itself.

I am tight on budget, so I like to know what the Gibson experts here think about this selection-if I decide to get one tomorrow.

Which one should I consider?

1. Gibson-Lespaul Studio
    2. Gibson-Lespaul Vintage Mahagony
    3. Gibson-Lespaul special SL humbucker

Advise and opinions are appreciated.
    Thanks.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amt7565
    GC...sales guy...sales...discount

Why is GC always having a 'sale'. I've never seen a guitar not on 'sale' there.

Do you have any other shops in you town? If you do it might be wise to shop there because every guitar at every GC I have ever been too has been like that slutty girl from back in HS...that one that every one fucked for the first time but no one wanted to keep....ya you know what I mean.

Thanks
    But for reals.....what kind of 'deal' was he offering on the Studio? If the 'deal' is based off of the MSRP, then you are wasting your time since you are not getting a 'deal', but simply the everyday price. Check out www.musiciansfriend.com and then look at what they are gonna offer you....I would expect the 'deal' to be somewhat lower than that price, and then tell them you don't like paying taxes because you are not down with that and let them choke on it for a while....but whatever you do, don't walk out of there having paid the INTERNET LISTED 'SALE' PRICE + tax and noteven get some extras.

Every guitar center sales man, minus a rare sales manager or two (and even that is iffy), are simply $8/hr morons who learned 3 chords and then quit playing but realized they new just enough to sound like fucking morons while selling a guitar to someone who knew even less and doesn't realize they sound like fucking morons.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by amt7565
    tight on budget.....Gibson

Go used if you can hold out a while for one to pop up. But that $1100 for a studio will get you CLOSE to a used Les Paul Classic. That IMO, is worth so much more.

The Studio series can be good, but they are generally cheaper guitars with a Gibson logo on them. But then I have one lol.....so good ones are out there. -but generally speaking, anything that says LesPaul and is cheaper than the "classic" model, is a overpriced Epi that some claim isn't even as good as the higher priced Epis.

Thanks
    in defense of GC. they can be a very good resource for fine instruments if youre already an informed consumer. they usally have a nice selection that you can try out for yourself before you buy and they have a nice and easy return policy if youre not satisfied with your purchase. the salesman usually cuts me a nice break if i ask "can u do better on the price?".

the only gripe i have with GC is that sometimes the salespeople talk out of their ass if they really arent familiar with a product.

besides that, its always cool to have a GC nearby.

I just recently did my research and bought a new les paul a couple of weeks ago. i was able to get a beautifuly flamed cherry sunburst LP standard for $1900 from GC. i am very happy with it.

out of the three u mentioned i like the studio (especially in the sunburst) but you should just try them out and find out which feels best to you (obviously)

Thanks
    Thanks folks!
    I like GC. I don't buy most of stuff there now because I am getting everything on the internet- but I have spents $1000s there over several years.

A great advantage over GC is that you can go and try out any and every instrument you want! A luxury which no other store in the world can provide. So I am glad there are 4 GCs within a 45 mile radius of me!

Is $700 for a Gibson Studio a good price?

Thanks.

Thanks
    I kinda like that vintage mahogany studio...and its cheap. Burstbucker Pros in there.

700 is great for a new studio!

H2H

Creating saw dust at rapidly increasing levels
    Thanks
    Play them all and find the exact guitar you like. Gibson's QC is such that choosing based on a particular model is a very big mistake.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
    M.K. Gandhi
    "It's not about who killed my son, it's about what's killing our children."
    [url=http://www.theforgivenessproject.com/stories/aqeela-sherrills-calvin-hodges]-Aqeela Sherrills[/url]

[url]http://www.theforgivenessproject.com/[/url]

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard2Hear
    I kinda like that vintage mahogany studio...and its cheap. Burstbucker Pros in there.
    Burstbuckers are a significant upgrade from the pickups in the LP classics IMO. My standard has Burstbuckers.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hard2Hear

700 is great for a new studio!

H2H

Is it the studio that normally sells for for $1100 and the MSRP is more than that? Then yes. Otherwise its an even cheaper version. I can't keep up with all the new models Gibson is releasing, but anyting that ends in 'special' or 'faded' is on the lower end of the scale.

Thread Information