Gibson Dusk Tiger?

This is possibly the ugliest guitar that Gibson has ever offered.

Even uglier than the SG Zoot Suit, IMO.

This is possibly the ugliest guitar that Gibson has ever offered.

Even uglier than the SG Zoot Suit, IMO.
+1 to that!

The Dusk Tiger is a real shame, it sounds pretty good and the idea is novel, but that chrome is just awful. Really hate the robot tuning system too, I think that's a warranty claim waiting to happen. If they ditched the chrome and the robot stuff I'd be tempted. The Dark Fire is a bit more down my alley, but give me some normal tuners any day.

The Zoot Suit is almost growing on me (almost)...

They are interesting looking. I'd bet if someone played their soxs off on it, people would think it was a cool guitar.. just sayin.....

As far as the Robot tuners go, I know a guy who worked on the American side for the German guys who invented the thing (originally called Tronicle), and have had a chance to use the system extensively, both in prototype phases and the current generation.

I've found it to be quite durable and really an amazing product... especially for switching tunings during live shows and touch up tuning during recording.

And if it ever did go in a non-repairable way, out of warranty or what not... your not exactly left up the creek. The tuners have a manual mode and what you end up with are some slightly large, but extremely high quality lockable tuners.

Back